How to proceed Solar PV Panels daily inspection and provide report for maintenance?

kimixiong522
kimixiong522 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 ✭✭
1.Planning the task and route(by APP).
2.Collecting thermal and optical information.
3.Processing the data and identifying defects.
4.Generating reports.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I am a little confused by your posts... Not sure if you're asking questions or offering advice. Or you are in the business of doing the monitoring/reporting as an independent 3rd party...

Mostly, we are looking at smaller solar power system (home and small business size). Not MegaWatt solar farms (that really needs engineering--Not a do it yourself project by any means).

Many times, the reports and maintenance is pretty well defined by contracts between the various parties.

I guess this is the company you are connected with?

http://www.hk-huijun.com/index.asp

Small to good sized commercial drones?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • clockmanfran
    clockmanfran Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018 #3
    Hi, Kimi xiong,

We use a small drone here for checking the fields and animals, sheep/cows stuck in hedges/streams etc,  as we have undulating land and steep valleys, with lots of trees and big hedges. Saves my time journeying around perimeters etc, and gives clear information of my tools required for a job, like, cows out through broken fencing etc.

We particular like the .......... Hubsan 0.41Kg in total weight.
    Hubsan H501S H501SS X4 Pro 5.8G FPV Brushless Avec 1080 P HD Caméra GPS RTF Suivre Me Mode Quadcopter Hélicoptère RC Drone .........

I use Alliexpress .. ...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20181101002426&SearchText=hubsan+h501s+x4

Why? because its small compact has a range of 3 to 4 miles, auto returns if signal lost, 20 minutes of flying time, has a excellent good LCD screen, sd card for pics vids etc, good close up stable flight ..... and importantly its under $300.

My 14 year old fly's, as it has a multitude of mode operations, far to complicated for this old duffer.

Personally a small spotter drone is excellent for Solar arrays, and at 0.41Kg has little chance of breaking PV panels, we have experimented with the Hubsan.!

Each month the Drone tech gets better,  and there are constant new products. But like most things the QC is not that good so a 50/50 chance.

Everything is possible, just give me Time.

The OzInverter man. Normandy France.

3off Hugh P's 3.7m dia wind turbines, (12 years running).  ... 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 years) .... 14kW PV AC coupled using Used/second hand GTI's, on my OzInverter created Grid, and back charging with the AC Coupling and OzInverter to my 48v 1300ah batteries.