htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Pick your choice:

Don't try to time the market.
    Timing is everything.

One of those is right..... Or they are both irrelevant as standalone pieces of advice.

Yea old "buggy whip" analogy.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100110/1613597692.shtml
    There were 13,000 businesses in the wagon and carriage industry in 1890, Mr. Kinney said. A company survived not by conceiving of itself as being in the "personal transportation" business, but by commanding technological expertise relevant to the automobile, he said. "The people who made the most successful transition were not the carriage makers, but the carriage parts makers," he said, some of whom are still in business.

One is the giant Timken Company, whose signature products, roller bearings, were first used in wagon wheels in the 1890s. They easily adapted to the automobile because they could be applied "to nearly anything that moved," Mr. Kinney wrote.
    Adapt to change.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite that goes perfectly with the other two is,
    It is not how much you make but rather how much you keep!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area

• Dave Angelini
    This guy was not afraid.

MR. RUSSERT: General Schwarzkopf, how important is it that we capture Osama bin Laden?GEN. SCHWARZKOPF: Well, I think it’s important only because the man on the street in the Middle East, you know, believes that he — a lot of people believe that he is on the right track and that he is some sort of a folk hero and that sort of thing. And I think it’s necessary to bring him down, one way or another. I will confess to you that, you know, one of the statements that’s been attributed to me that I’m sort of proud of is somebody said, you know, “What do we do about Osama bin Laden?” And they asked me, “Can we forgive him?” And I said, “Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting.” And that’s the way I feel about him, really.

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim Russert was one of the few talking heads I'd go out of my way to watch. RIP.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • Dave Angelini
    edited August 2018 #6
    Definitely!  General Schwarzkopf was another amazing person also!

• AnthonyWeiser
    AnthonyWeiser Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    This guy was not afraid.

MR. RUSSERT: General Schwarzkopf, how important is it that we capture Osama bin Laden?GEN. SCHWARZKOPF: Well, I think it’s important only because the man on the street in the Middle East, you know, believes that he — a lot of people believe that he is on the right track and that he is some sort of a folk hero and that sort of thing. And I think it’s necessary to bring him down, one way or another. I will confess to you that, you know, one of the statements that’s been attributed to me that I’m sort of proud of is somebody said, you know, “What do we do about Osama bin Laden?” And they asked me, “Can we forgive him?” And I said, “Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting.” And that’s the way I feel about him, really.

Once he said that:
    "Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."
  • Dave Angelini
    Nice!  
    "it also builds character when you want to soar with eagles but end-up flying with Turkeys"   :)

• MrM1
    MrM1 Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2.6kW-STC / 1.9kW-NMOT Array / MN Solar Classic 150 / 2017 Conext SW 4024 Inverter latest firmware / OB PSX-240 Autotransfomer for load balancing / Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S connected to Inverter with 7' of 4/0 cable / 24 volt system / Grid-Assist or Backup Solar Generator System Powering 3200Whs Daily / System went Online Oct 2017 / System, Pics and Discussion
  • Dave Angelini
    What is up with Elon? He keeps going after the rescue team in Thailand calling one of the divers a pedofile???
    Any local news from Thailand?
    SpaceX is doing fine though...

• Dave Angelini
    Elon has had some self inflicted wounds from talking about going private and violating the SEC laws. He had to pay a big fine and changed his title. He also started a company called the "boring company" to drill holes in LA to get to work faster.

The book about the cave boys rescue is out. It is called the boys in the cave. Really interesting "if you are a diver" on how they got them out. It was a 3 hour swim and the drug they knocked out the boys only lasted 30 minutes. They had to stop and give them a shot 5 times. They had a hard time even knowing if the kids were alive or dead.

Lots of good stuff in the book,  and a bit about Elon and his pedophile remarks and the boring company idea he had to rescue them.