SE Conext Combox Not Reporting Devices

Options
MrM1
MrM1 Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
Did a system power down today (as I have done several times before) by shutting off all breakers to do some service to the system.   When I powered it back up,  Everything Came on.
  • SW 4024 inverter was invertering
  • Qualified AC input
  • Conext System Control Panel connected to the Xanbus network opperated fine.
  • System began powering loads
  • BUT the Combox which powered on ... Did not see any of the devices on the Xanbus network
Restarted the ComBox by powering it off and back on.  No  go.   Restarted the entire system.  Nothing.
  • I can access the Combox over the LAN
  • View it in the web browser
  • But there are no devices in the system devices menu
  • And it is not reporting anything from Grid, Batteries or Load
Did a factory Reset by powering down the combox and inserting a paper clip into the combox reset hole,  No Go!
Any ideas before I call SE on Monday?    System setup is in the Sig below.

REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2.6kW-STC / 1.9kW-NMOT Array / MN Solar Classic 150 / 2017 Conext SW 4024 Inverter latest firmware / OB PSX-240 Autotransfomer for load balancing / Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S connected to Inverter with 7' of 4/0 cable / 24 volt system / Grid-Assist or Backup Solar Generator System Powering 3200Whs Daily / System went Online Oct 2017 / System, Pics and Discussion
Tagged:

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know a lot about Xanbus, but I'd suspect physical connections and termination first.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • MrM1
    edited August 2018 #3
    Options
    Estragon said:
    Don't know a lot about Xanbus, but I'd suspect physical connections and termination first.
    I kinda thought maybe too,  so I took they electrical box apart and looked at any Cat5/6 connection cables,  they all look good.  I thought maybe I had broken or smashed one of the Cat5/6 connectors while working,  but I did not. 
    I guess it could be the port going out of the System Control Panel.   I may go and try to drop the SCP out of the chain and see if I can get the combox to load up.
    But the combox also has  been dropping network the past few days,  Just will be loaded,  and then it is not loaded and the page cannot connect. 
    REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2.6kW-STC / 1.9kW-NMOT Array / MN Solar Classic 150 / 2017 Conext SW 4024 Inverter latest firmware / OB PSX-240 Autotransfomer for load balancing / Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S connected to Inverter with 7' of 4/0 cable / 24 volt system / Grid-Assist or Backup Solar Generator System Powering 3200Whs Daily / System went Online Oct 2017 / System, Pics and Discussion
  • new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    edited August 2018 #4
    Options
    Make sure all your cat 5 cables are at least 5 feet long.  MIne does that also when the network or router is using alot of bandwidth randomly.  Assign a reserved DCHP address in your router for the combox or give it a static address, could be ip conflicts.  How many devices In the XANBUS LOOP?
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • Estragon
    Options
    I'm guessing it worked before with all the same cables. Doesn't take much crud or corrosion on an rj jack to mess stuff up.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • MrM1
    Options
    All cables are over 6ft.    Yes it worked before and has for months.  No crude as i use "jack grease" (a small tube that came with my MN Solar Classic to use on its Network Jack) on the cable connections.
    Here is what is odd:
    • I took the Combox out into the shop where the SW is located.  Disconnected the SCP and only plugged in the Combox. It worked
    • Then i use my long 25ft cable that had been for the Xanbus (as the combox was at the far end), and made it my router cable so I could connect to the network.
    • Plugged in the SCP then the Combox using a new cable between them in the same order as always,  BUT the old cable that the combox had been on for Xanbus was now being used for network.  IT WORKED !!
    • But when I switched that network cable back to being the Xanbus and brought the Combox back in the house - It DID NOT WORK
    • The combox is on the network (using my old network cable connected to router) but no Devices are showing
    Just seems odd that the long cable works as a network cable,  but not as a Xanbus cable.  And odder that it used to work and has for months worked as a Xanbus cable until today when powered the system down and back on. 
    Guess I could buy a new 25' cable and see what happens.  Seems to be something loopy there.
  • Estragon
    Options
    As I said, I don't know much about Xanbus. From what little I do know, my understanding is it's a lower level (protocol stack wise) system that may lack higher level congestion, error, and collision handling. In other words, it wouldn't be all that surprising for a tcp/ip connection to cope with a cable problem a Xanbus connection couldn't.
    Off-grid.  
  • MrM1
    Options
    Estragon said:
    As I said, I don't know much about Xanbus. From what little I do know, my understanding is it's a lower level (protocol stack wise) system that may lack higher level congestion, error, and collision handling. In other words, it wouldn't be all that surprising for a tcp/ip connection to cope with a cable problem a Xanbus connection couldn't.
    It has to be something like that.  A cable just can't Decide,  "Yesterday i was a Xanbus cable,  but today I think I'll not be one"