MS4448PAE not communicating with ME-RC50 or ME-BMK

SamO
SamO Registered Users Posts: 3
I have a MS4448PAE installed with a ME-RC50 and a ME-BMK that will not communicate. I have 14.2 DCV on both cables coming from the inverter to the devices. When I connect the remote, and following the power up self-test, all of the LEDs turn off and “No Inverter Com” is displayed. Also, when the BMK sense module is powered up the LED ends up blinking red. I contacted Magnum Tech support and they we not very helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Did you confirm the RJ cable is wired correctly and has good connections on all four positions?

http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sites/default/files/MagArchive/64-0003-Rev-F-ME-RC_Web.pdf (page 3 for cable)

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SamO
    Thanks for your quick response. Yes I have -the very first thing I checked. I also checked several cables, too. Sam
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to mix up rj ports, any chance the phone wire got plugged into the wrong port (eg battery temp sensor)?

It's a bit surprising (to me at least), a data cable is running 14.2v. I would have expected ~5v, but I don't know much about Magnum networking.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • SamO
    I understand. The ports are color coded fortunately. On this inverter there are 4 - RJ11 ports. According to the Magnum service engineer, the specs for the two inside ports, one for the remote and the other to monitor the batteries, are to be 12-15 VDC on the 2 inner pins.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe to run backlight. Oh well, sometimes it's worth checking the easy stuff first, sometimes not.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter