120v Pressure Switch wiring

nickdearing88
nickdearing88 Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
Hi everyone.

I bought a Dankoff Flowlight Booster pump, from our hosts, that will be my new pressure pump for my home water system. It will pump and pressurize water from my storage tank to my house and pressure tank.

The pressure switch is a standard AC model because I purchased the 120v AC motor version of the pump. When wiring, should I switch both the hot and neutral and use all 4 posts on the pressure switch or wire the neutrals together and only switch the hot wire between breaker and pump?

The pressure switch supports 120v or 240v so it has the capability to switch both legs if needed.

Thanks!
Current system: 8-100w Renogy panels mono/poly, 2 strings of 4 panels in series - 24v 100Ah AGM Battleborn LiFePO4 batteries - Morningstar MPPT40 CC - 1500W Samlex PSW inverter

Comments

• Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    just the hot..
  • nickdearing88
    just the hot..
    Thanks! If I'm only using one leg of the pressure switch, does it make a difference which one of the terminals I use? I assume not but I'm somewhat new to the well/pumping stuff.
    Current system: 8-100w Renogy panels mono/poly, 2 strings of 4 panels in series - 24v 100Ah AGM Battleborn LiFePO4 batteries - Morningstar MPPT40 CC - 1500W Samlex PSW inverter
  • Aguarancher
    edited October 2017 #4
    what brand is the switch, square-d? if so one outside terminal and the inside one next to it. see below.
  • Aguarancher
  • nickdearing88
    what brand is the switch, square-d? if so one outside terminal and the inside one next to it. see below.
    Got it, thanks! Yes, it's a Square-D, pre-set at 30/50 psi.
  • notes
    notes Solar Expert Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Nickdearing88, I have been looking at that pump also. Dankoff claims it has a suction capacity of 12 feet. Would appreciate a review when your install is completed. (Start amps, noise, etc.)
    4-Canadian Solar CS330 in series/TraceSW4024/Midnite Classic 250 with Whiz Bang jr/8 L16-370ah 4S2P/ Propane Honda EU2000/Propane Champion3800/electric refrig/Wood heat/Propane tankless water heater/ Grundfos SQE well pump. adding 6 REC Twin Peak 350 watt panels
    Off grid in Upper peninsula Michigan
  • nickdearing88
    notes said:
    Nickdearing88, I have been looking at that pump also. Dankoff claims it has a suction capacity of 12 feet. Would appreciate a review when your install is completed. (Start amps, noise, etc.)
    Just completed the install today. Short story -- great so far. Fairly quiet, powerful flow, easy priming.

Long story: The pump's motor housing was somewhat damaged by UPS during shipping. A small piece of metal on the back of the motor casing was broken and bent. There was also a small piece that fell into the motor windings, which I carefully removed. I mentioned it to Dankoff and they were easily willing to replace it, but I already planned for install this weekend and was willing to keep the pump if it operated correctly. We tested by pumping from a 5 gallon bucket placed about 4 feet below the pump and it ran like a champ near the rated 4.5 GPM. Next, the plumbing was completed and the pump has been run tonight without problem.

I have not yet measured the startup and running current but I will do so and post at some point. *I bought the AC motor version.*