Re-combiners

Options
Hello,

I am looking at a job to bid and I now have to provide the "fused combiner boxes" and the "re-combiners" boxes. They go between the DC disconnect and the fused combiner boxes. I can not locate nor identify the "re-combiners"...... I believe them to be similar to a Hoffman TB3R403, basically a tap box with an array of multiple lugs to allow a "feed" to come into the box and multiple "taps" to leave out of the box to go to the fused combiner boxes.

How about a bit of help, please?

Thanks,
Krazi

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Re-combiners

i'm a bit confused here. 1 are you redoing a existing system or designing a new one yourself? and 2 if you combine the pv inputs in a fused dc disconnect box, why do you need to "recombine" as you call it and recombine what?
  • PhilS
    PhilS Solar Expert Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    Options

This may be way off, but are you just looking at the specs listed for your bid? If so, by "re-combiner" could they mean the various devices available to install on the batteries instead of regular vents? I thought I've heard of them being called "re-combiners" somewhere. I have the Water Misers installed on my bank but there are others available that recombine the escaping gasses into liquid electrolyte and drip it back into the battery. Those (unlike the Water Misers) must be removed during equalization or they'll overheat and/or damage themselves.

Obviously disregard and ignore if I'm outta the park on this guess.

Phil
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

though i'm still confused at where you're going with this, why couldn't you use the one you had pointed out? would it not suit your purpose and if not why?