Please help see if this system is okay

13»

Comments

  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Nila said:
    @Solarking,

    I ordered 9x250 and total with freight came upto 75375 INR
    Thats great, If you are going to run ac in this setup use a .75 ton inverter ac.
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    @solarking, here is the combiner box I am buying for my installation. 

    Please note you should use something like this and not use a MCB as a combiner for your own projects

    You have any idea or contacts for the structure works? 

    Inline image 2
  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited June 2017 #64
    Nila said:
    @solarking, here is the combiner box I am buying for my installation. 

    Please note you should use something like this and not use a MCB as a combiner for your own projects

    You have any idea or contacts for the structure works? 

    Inline image 2
    I don't see any image. Why should I not use MCB? Even the inverter manual mentions about using mcb. Any roof contractor will do the job or you will have order the ready to fit structure which will cost more. About my post on AC I just assumed you were going to  use it to power up your AC coz you were oversizing the inverter and every solar hobbyist dreams about using ac on solar.

    You can watch this video this old guy uses the same type of inverter and he says he is 100% offgrid but I doubt it coz he talks gibberish about the panels.( I think that is another video and he will say uv will power the solar panels)


  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    You can use MCB as an ON/OFF switch but not as a way to combine many strings into one and read BB's answer to understand why i.e the dead/shorted string can kill the other good strings if you do not have a fuse/breaker on each string seperately
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    I do not plan to use Air conditioner at this point on the Inverter because I am going to use the Grid feed facility to offset my bills with any extra power I generate from the panels anyway.
  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    @Nila
     i don't see any image of the combiner box?  Here is another video of that old guy you can see the same type of inverter

    what do you think about exide's warranty claim on solar batteries? If we use the solar battery and completely offgrid and the battery will fail within 3 years and can't we claim the warranty?

  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    @Nila
    I don't see any images of the combiner box. What do yoiu think  about the warranty claim on exide solar batteries? do they replace it with new battery?
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    I posted it inline, I will try again.

    About the warranty claim they should replace it regardless of offgrid / ongrid I believe that's why it's called a solar battery.
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited June 2017 #71
    Nila said:
    I posted it inline, I will try again.

    About the warranty claim they should replace it regardless of offgrid / ongrid I believe that's why it's called a solar battery.

    Thanks for the image. If we use the battery in offgrid setup it will fail within 4 years for sure will they replace the battery with new exide solar?
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    You know how things work here, they will try not to but if they really have to  they will give you a 'replacement' battery and NOT a brand new one

    Replacement battery may be an old one from their stock or whaever
  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Nila said:
    You know how things work here, they will try not to but if they really have to  they will give you a 'replacement' battery and NOT a brand new one

    Replacement battery may be an old one from their stock or whaever

    I haven't tried replacement that's why asked. I thought I will get a brand new battery as replacement.
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    I got all the things except for the roof mounting so will begin the PV installation possibly next week.

    Thank you again for the EsySolare recommendation these guys are very good 
  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Nila said:
    I got all the things except for the roof mounting so will begin the PV installation possibly next week.

    Thank you again for the EsySolare recommendation these guys are very good 
    Sound good all the best. Did you order it directly from ezysolare or directly from seller?
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Went with EzySolare and they dispatched everything, waiting for a local guys to provide a quote to setup the panels on roof and when done I could start using the SUN.
  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    I thought you bought it directly from the manufacturer coz ezysolare is a middleman so it will cost more. The pricing seems to be very low even though you have bought it from ezsolare. Just contact the steel roofing contractors they will quote very less and do it in no time.
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    EsySolare saves the time and handles all the communication and the money saved by contacting manufactures are lost in the time so all good there. Please PM me if you have any roof contractor contacts. I tried using Ezysolar for that too but the process is bit combersome they wanted me to give them roof drawings and mroe ,etc.


  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Nila said:
    EsySolare saves the time and handles all the communication and the money saved by contacting manufactures are lost in the time so all good there. Please PM me if you have any roof contractor contacts. I tried using Ezysolar for that too but the process is bit combersome they wanted me to give them roof drawings and mroe ,etc.


    Sorry man I don't have  contacts in your city. You can try justdial. 
  • solarkingsolarking Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Any mason & welder will do the job. You can try someone nearyby it will be more cost effective unless you want it to be perfect then you should opt for solar installers.
  • NilaNila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Guys, Thank you for all the help I was able to provision the system, I am still waiting on the Netmeter setup but overall things seems to be running fine.

    All my morning time usages are now taken care of by the solar which isnt very high. I have to still do some load shedding and i will post here with pics once the netmeter is setup.
Sign In or Register to comment.