Crewzer Update -- November, 2012

crewzer
crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
All,

Greetings from the San Francisco Bay area! :cool:

Effective November 5, 2012, I've joined Danfoss as their Product Manager for U.S. string inverters. Danfoss is a Danish company, their U.S. solar HQ is located in Rockford, IL, and I'll continue to be based at my home office in Mills River (Asheville), NC. For now, I'm mostly out of the battery-based system market, and it's not appropriate for me to provide support for previous employers' products.

I'll post more details about my new responsibilities early next year. Several people in my network -- you know who you are -- helped me secure this new position, and to them I say "Thanks!"

Regards to all,
Jim / crewzer

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Crewzer Update -- November, 2012

congrats.

According to this those are some BIG strings (80 MW) http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas/Solar+Energy/

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome back,, long time no hear! Glad to hear that things are going well, and we hope you darken our doors more often,

Tony
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

sorry to hear your previous employment did not work out. schneider lost a good man. good luck on your current heading and maybe this time it could be a more permanent endevour that you can live with.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear things are going well.
    I learned a lot from your posts here in the past and I thank you for that.
    All the best Jim / crewzer,
  • crewzer

All,

Thanks for your messages and compliments! SE and me just didn't work out... we'll leave it at that.

So far, so good with the new job at Danfoss; I'm "good" busy. I'm focusing on the "string" inverters (DLX split-phase, and small 3-phase), and there's another guy taking on the utility-scale inverters.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Holiday, and best wishes for a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year!

Regards,
    Jim / crewzer
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Jim,

CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds like a great move. Danfoss has gained a great PM.

All the best, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Hey ! I'm glad to see you here, Crewzer ! I'm glad that Danfoss doesn't mind you getting on forums at least !

Looks like you've been let out of prison and got your life back ! :D

Congrats !
    boB
  • crewzer
    Hey Guys and Gals! I've been thinking about you lately and thought I'd check in.

As you may be aware, Danfoss decided in early 2014 to exit the inverter wholesale market. They continue to design and manufacture inverters that are part of SMA's product portfolio. Our US inverter organization was closed in the fall of 2014. I left Danfoss in November, 2014 and decided to retire. B)

I still have a lot of my old equipment. However, it's not seeing much use because our lot in western NC is heavily shaded from trees on our property as well as our neighbors'.

I hope that you're all well. The site looks like it's still very popular and busy!

Regards to all,
    Jim / crewzer
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Hi Jim,

Nice to hear from you and that all is going well... Enjoy retirement!

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • crewzer
     I'll!

26K posts...   :o   Dang, you've been busy!

Regards,
    Jim / crewzer
  • Solray
    Solray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Nice necropost. Hope you like retirement.
    Good luck.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Jim,   nice to hear from/about again.

Your posts and Moderating of the OB Forum,   and here were of great benefit to many.

Enjoy retirement!   Have lots of fun.   BB Bill has certainly stepped up to the task of Moderating here!    Thanks!   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.