Do you really save money on these holiday sales?

solarvic
solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
Our forum sponsor and a well known competitor in Mass. had a 5% off memorial day sale.  Decided to buy some solarworld panels from MA dealer and picked out some 290 watt panels that were $184.00 per panel and the next day they raised the price to 201.00 in the middle of sale period. So with the 5% off it still cost about the same price. So I called them Friday and told them I did not buy because they raised the original price in the middle of the sale. They agreed to sell them for the pre sale price of $194.00. There was another model solarworld panel that they had advertised for 210.00 they sent me which I was still happy with. So yesterday the solar panels arrived which was preety fast as I didn,t buy them till just about quitting time on Friday. Preety fast delivery, I think. I wanted a DPW top of pole rack and they had it in stock and on sale. I told them I was going to buy it from wind and sun and the come way down below their sale price and only charged me $100.00 shipping. So today I check thier website and they lowered the solarworld panels to $189.00. That is preety good price for solarworld panels. Supose  I was thinking of calling them and asking for a refund. So solar prices must be changing often and sale prices don,t mean much.  I buy from both venders and If I didn,t buy the solar world panels I was going to buy REC 290 watt panels from wind and sun which are a good buy also but I decided to buy American   Solarvic

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess, based on a bit of admittedly outdated experience in retail and IT, is your browser history and cookies were likely involved in the changing pricing.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me that it is better to call the sales person and you will get a better deal sometimes than just ordering on the computer. Especially if you are going to spend a lot. I rechecked their vender site and the top of pole mount like I bought isn,t listed now. Just saws to call for prices. I am still a happy camper. 
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're probably right about talking to a salesperson to get the best deal, at least for now. In a few years, I'm not so sure.

I'm not so sure I like a lot of what's likely to happen in the next few years. I must just be getting old.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    I waited and bought from NAWS some stuff a couple years back.  As advertised the discount was real.