rapid sutdown

Options
mrkelleysaid
mrkelleysaid Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭

Trying to understand the code. Fire Inspector, said a rapid or main disconnect at the inside panal met the code as the array was away from building. I guess I should be happy but worried that may not be right. Obviously its the best money wise but will it comply??

I thought I would have to put shutdown box out frontdoor wired to the array 35feet away (combiner) AND to the generator feed (we are all off grid), AND one at the battery output for total safety to the Part-time firefighters/friends  help??

"Don't take life too seriously...you'll never get out alive". E Hubbard...  Mag 4448/pt100 Off grid, Great north Woods land of peace.

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi mrkelley ..,

Here  is a Video on MidNite Solar's Rapid Shutdown system,  as a starter:
    http://www.midnitesolar.com/video/videoPlay.php?video_ID=130&videoCat_ID=30

FWIW,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • WaterWheel
    WaterWheel Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Vic,    Great video.

Conext XW6848 with PDP, SCP, 80/600 controller, 60/150 controller and Conext battery monitor

21 SW280 panels on Schletter ground mount

48v Rolls 6CS 27P

• mrkelleysaid
    mrkelleysaid Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks been trying to deal with a FD official who well has his own idea. As we are going with a ground mount found the above useful and the actual NEMA regs while vague when read 21 times until 3am made it clear we had no need as combiner has the ability, on and on. Ironically the local FD chief has NO issue at all its the State FMarshall they hate solar  He actuallt stated when it all explodes dont call me....How can we educate people?? thanks so much.  And special note NAWS folks wee beyond great very patient. Just cause I know electrical etc. means...I know nothing (ha)
    "Don't take life too seriously...you'll never get out alive". E Hubbard...  Mag 4448/pt100 Off grid, Great north Woods land of peace.