Comparison between 3 different L16 type batteries.

13»

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I meant on Catalina for Bogie? We once thought of heading up from Bahia De Los Angelos to San Felipe to get further away from summer storms but with a 6 foot draft? Nah.  Back in those days people were moving navigation lights and ending the cruise for the large Japanese commercial factory ships in the Sea. Several were lost or badly damaged, not to mention the collateral damage to the Eco.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017 #63
    A ha, wrong port. Still doesn't ring a bell. David Crosby used to hang out here and party with a couple of the locals. Spencer Davis lives here full time. Tony Dow, bla bla. OK done dropping names.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, Crosby and Stills sailing down to Papeette Tahiti on the Southern Cross. In a southern bar in Avalon......
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    Yep, His sailboat was The Mayan. ...In a noisy bar in Avalon I tried to call you... 

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Horsefly
    Horsefly Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been following this, but this current discussion (not apparent in the thread title!) has me interested. @littleharbor2, do you actually live at little harbor? That's over by two harbors, right?

I've been to Catalina about a dozen times. Only really pretty place left in LA county. The wife and I go every few years to the Catalina Jazz festival for two weekends of great music. I don't know that I could live there, but it certainly is nice to visit. We've only been over to two harbors a couple of times; Once to kayak and once scuba diving.

Steve

P.S. Oh yeah, I also graduated from HS in 1976!

Off-grid cabin: 6 x Canadian Solar CSK-280M PV panels, Schneider XW-MPPT60-150 Charge Controller, Schneider CSW4024 Inverter/Charger, Schneider SCP, 8S (25.6V), 230Ah Eve LiFePO4 battery in a custom insulated and heated case.
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017 #67
    Since we are still drifting off topic.........

Yes! Diving for Abalone and Rock Scallops in the clear waters off Catalina. Not a lot of bugs on the front side back then - too many dive boats coming from the mainland.

Got married in '75 and my shiny new life insurance policy had restrictions including scuba diving. My now Ex-wife fought me until I gave up in '79 or '80 and sold my gear. Should have seen the handwriting on the wall.........
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • littleharbor2
     OK I will assume we're the same age then. I'll leave that alone now.
     My email address became littleharbor2@xxxxxx.com because I have had a standing reservation at little harbor campsite #2 for years. I estimated I camped 50 out of 52 weekends a year for two years in a row. Have a homebuilt trailer ,solar powered of course, and have gotten camping down to a science .Private shower/potty tent, Instahot shower, satellite tv, heater etc. I have been camping on the Island all my life. Littleharbor is on the backside of the Island 7 miles from Two Harbors.