Oh man APS is gonna try an get my wallet again

Options
solar_dave
solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
Demand charge pricing is not a good thing for most consumers.  You would need a whole house programable controller to prevent those high demand charges.

http://www.utilitydive.com/news/demand-charges-vs-tou-rates-the-great-arizona-rate-design-experiment/426902/

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave, I think the utility does not know how to make money in the modern world. To survive them and be able to make a plan for your family, you almost need to be zero export/self consume and have a battery.  The other choice is to move offgrid.

Between Arizona, Nevada, Austrailia, California, and Hawaii  the utilities are making it up on the the fly.
    The utility has some very smart people, but they have to work with cavemen!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave, I think the utility does not know how to make money in the modern world. To survive them and be able to make a plan for your family, you almost need to be zero export/self consume and have a battery.  The other choice is to move offgrid.

Between Arizona, Nevada, Austrailia, California, and Hawaii  the utilities are making it up on the the fly.
    The utility has some very smart people, but they have to work with cavemen!
    I agree Dave,

They really need to separate the costs and charge everyone equally for the services they actually use. 
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a concept!
     Maybe retired politicians are going to work at the utilities.....
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net