Rolls S-605 battery question

msgieser
msgieser Registered Users Posts: 24 ✭✭
I am upgrading my 12 volt off grid system with new batteries. Does anyone have experience with the rolls L16, S-605's? I'm using 4 series/paral. What i'm wondering about is the correct Absorb Voltage Set Point. I've seen everything from 14.7 volts to 15.6 volts. Need a number to plug into my charge controller and Tri-metric. Thanks

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi msgieser,

Have you downloaded that latest version of the Surrette Battery Manual (?):
    http://support.rollsbattery.com/support/solutions/folders/10484

Their suggested settings are a good place to start.  IMO,  15.6 is really an EQ voltage,  and is far too high for Absorb.

It is a good idea to use the Surrette recommendation for Commissioning a new battery bank.

Use your Hydrometer,  and start a new Battery Log Book.  Number each battery and cell with a felt-tip pen.  Record beginning SGs (the Commissioning recommendations cover this),  and charge parameters and changes to parameters there.

Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.