Lorentz PS600 control for Lorentz pool pump

beechigby
beechigby Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
I have 2 problems
1 With no jumpers added (only factory installed jumper on Ter. 1-2) Cs-15-1 pump ran in the correct direction (clockwize looking at rear fan) and ran up to max speed (5 blinks on green lite) but was pulsing. Why?
after conversation with someone, I put jumper on 4-5 and PS 600 control smoked, and pump did not run (red overload lite came on immediatly when toggle sw was turned on. Why?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I have never worked with any of these solar pumps... Do yo have a link to the manual?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • raysubtropical
    raysubtropical Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited July 2016 #3
    Did you give up on the Lorentz pump set up? Was it operating before this failure. I hear support is lacking....did you get any factory advice....? My understanding is its a step motor design principle and driven pulsating DC.
  • Chuckipedia
    Chuckipedia Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    I have had Lorentz CS 15-1 and PS 600 controllers. My first pump ran fine for several years. I replaced the pump when the pump housing cracked. Then problems started. I bought a used controller that ran for a few days then the overload stop sequence started. It'll run for 20-30 minutes then goes through its three stop-auto restart sequence then red light comes on and it stops with an overload condition. What gives? Lines, filters are clean, plenty of DC juice. I'm lost.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Get or borrow a DC current meter and measure the run current.
    Measure the voltage of the running pump and controller input terminals.
    This is a centrifugal type pump which draws more current of there are no restrictions to flow. Installing an inline valve on the pump output will reduce flow and reduce motor current.
    Many controllers are programmable. Ca-n you reduce rpm or max current to pump? Should be programmable to as low as 30% of rated power.
    My guesses...
    Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset