Sunmodule SW 350 XL Mono by SolarWorld

MarkC
MarkC Solar Expert Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
Anyone know of availability of these panels?  I'd like to maximize the use of remaining roof area and these appear to be the best fit.  However, I've not been able to find an actual provider.  
3850 watts - 14 - 275SW SolarWorld Panels, 4000 TL-US SMA Sunny Boy Grid tied inverter.  2760 Watts - 8 - 345XL Solar World Panels, 3000 TL-US SMA Sunny Boy GT inverter.   3000 watts SMA/SPS power.  PV "switchable" to MidNite Classic 250ks based charging of Golf cart + spare battery array of 8 - 155 AH 12V Trojans with an  APC SMT3000 - 48 volt DC=>120 Volt AC inverter for emergency off-grid.   Also, "PriUPS" backup generator with APC SURT6000/SURT003  => 192 volt DC/240 volt split phase AC inverter.  

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    SunPower--Is that the "German" company (makes very nice, high efficiency panels)?

That SunPower does not sell "retail"... You might have to go to a GT solar installer that sells SunPower to see if you can buy them through their office. (?)

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • MarkC
    Sorry - I confused the issue.  The panels I'd like to use are the Sunmodule SW-350's by SolarWorld.  I've found only one supplier on-line, but the pricing with shipping is prohibitive.   It may be that there is such a limited supply of these highest efficiency units?
    3850 watts - 14 - 275SW SolarWorld Panels, 4000 TL-US SMA Sunny Boy Grid tied inverter.  2760 Watts - 8 - 345XL Solar World Panels, 3000 TL-US SMA Sunny Boy GT inverter.   3000 watts SMA/SPS power.  PV "switchable" to MidNite Classic 250ks based charging of Golf cart + spare battery array of 8 - 155 AH 12V Trojans with an  APC SMT3000 - 48 volt DC=>120 Volt AC inverter for emergency off-grid.   Also, "PriUPS" backup generator with APC SURT6000/SURT003  => 192 volt DC/240 volt split phase AC inverter.  
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Our host NAWS:

http://www.solar-electric.com/solar-panels-mounts-kits-accessories/solarpanels/solarworld-solar-panels.html
    http://www.solar-electric.com/contacts/

does sell SolarWorld panels--But they do not list 350 watt panels.

I do not work at/for NAWS (I am a volunteer here), so I would suggest you drop them a web form/email/call them and ask. They have always been very responsive to my questions when I have contacted them (of course, they support me as moderator on the forum).

They should be able to research the question for you... Note that large panels can be very costly to ship--Especially a few panels/less than a full pallet. (packing costs, insurance, shipping via truck). So the full price (product cost+shipping to your front door/trucking terminal) is very reasonable to get a quote for first (and shopping around).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016 #5
    Sun Power is headquartered in silicon valley in CA since 1985. It is a US corporation among other countries. Manufacturing is based  in the Philippines or was on the last panels I received.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• MarkC
    Sun Power is headquartered in silicon valley in CA since 1985. It is a US corporation among other countries. Manufacturing is based  in the Philippines or was on the last panels I received.
    Dave;
    Confused this one big time - the request was for the (corrected title) Sunmodule panels
  • Dave Angelini
    I was stating this to Bill as I use to go over to SunPower when I worked in the Silicon valley in the 80's.  As you must know most of us do this forum for various reasons and pay is not one of them.

• MarkC
    Got it!  I'm thinking that SolarWorld may not be able to make many of these highest efficiency panels - may have to go with the 325 XLs as they are more available.  Just that with limited space of only 8 panels, I wanted to maximize the wattage.
  • Dave Angelini
    Only two companies that I know of that make the highest efficiency panels, Panasonic and Sun Power.
     I use them in my tracking arrays.  I try to never place solar panels on a roof, I usually say move .