what does it take to be banned?

Freewilley
Freewilley Solar Expert Posts: 228 ✭✭
I was reading a very intelligent thread in OFF grid on generator support. 
I noticed that one of the participants, who seemed very thoughtful, was labelled BANNED.

I am curious. What might he, or other posters, have done to be banned???? I can imagine a troll or someone who is vicious having that happen....but this guy (Chris Olson) did not seem to be anything like that....
Mate, VFX 2812, FM 60 & MX 60, 2 Full River AGM 400 6v, 1400 watt Solar Array, Yamaha 3000iSEB inverter gen
12 volt Flojet water pump
off grid summer home in northern Ontario

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I am not going to go into details (I was not directly involved, and people are not here to respond to anything I may say)--There was some conversations between other folks (other moderator, even NAWS) and the poster that are not apparent (or possibly have been deleted) in the discussion history.

It was not pretty--And I work hard to avoid such things. In general, other than spammers, any banning that could happen in the future will be much more than a one post and banned type event.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris and I converse occasionally and he and his wife made a powerboat trip down to Belize (central america)a year or so ago. We both beta test for Schneider Electric. He is very good with wind generators and the last I checked still selling them.

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Freewilley
    Freewilley Solar Expert Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Thanks, not looking for gossip. Seeing the banned label was a wasssup with that? moment
    Mate, VFX 2812, FM 60 & MX 60, 2 Full River AGM 400 6v, 1400 watt Solar Array, Yamaha 3000iSEB inverter gen
    12 volt Flojet water pump
    off grid summer home in northern Ontario
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Not a problem.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset