Local versus National

Options
BradD
BradD Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey guys,

Just hoping to get some input here on people's take between national brands and locally owned shops.

Looking to get a solar water heater installed for the house. I'm based out of Jacksonville, FL here, and have checked into what appear to be a couple local shops... I get the goal is to save money in the long run, but man, one of the companies (place called solarjacksonville.org, looks to be a locally-owned one) returned with a quote that dang near made me drop dead.

Do the national companies just have an easier time keeping overhead low? Or are they just cutting corners on quality? 

I'm fine paying for the top-notch stuff, just want to make sure it's legit before I write the check.

Thanks,

Brad

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell us more about the system and what was the quoted price?

Some of these systems are complex and require licensed plumbers and electricians, and roof work.  In some circumstances it is more cost effective to use solar electric panels to an electric water heater, rather than a solar hot water collector.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i