User for 20 years...

Options
Robert Lake
Robert Lake Registered Users Posts: 9
I've been a user for 20 years now, AE, not drugs, and I just discovered this site. It is a pleasant discovery.

I can't find a forum here to buy or sell so I will ask here. Does this site have a forum for buying and/or selling used equipment?

I own a Ford Escape Hybrid, 2 wind generators (soon to be 3....maybe), 1500 watts of PV, a dozen L16 Trojan batteries, and assorted goddies related to AE.

I'm not selling anything but I want to add/replace my batteries and will consider any source close to me on the Southern Oregon coast. If any of you have good batteries for sale, let me know.:D

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: User for 20 years...

welcome robert,
    i moved your thread down here and i will ask naws if they would like to open a new section for the selling of items. we don't see many individuals selling stuff is probably why it isn't here already. we don't allow commercial use of this forum for businesses selling though, but individuals selling some of their used stuff is fine by the sponsor. if they elect not to open a new section i may do something else here by floating a buy/sell sticky section for all of us.
  • Robert Lake
    Robert Lake Registered Users Posts: 9
    Options

Hi Neil,

I see you are a HAM operator. I am new to it myself.

With all the new AE users popping up, I'll bet a lot of them are having trouble setting up systems and need this site for info and advise. In fact, in reading some of the posts, I see a lot of requests for help.

I am pretty confident in my own abilities to set up my own gear and I even have a set of L-16's that are still working after 13 years so I must be doing something right.

Well, I hope that we can get a buy/sell forum some day. I know there is a lot of gear floating around out there that no one is using and I could certainly make good use of some of it. You can't have a system too big.

Bob
    KE7NTG :D
  • niel
    Options

hi bob,
    you are looking more for a want ad than to sell and that's ok if you'd like to place that right here for now and see if anybody may have what you want or need.
    yes, i'm a ham and welcome aboard the airwaves too. there are a few guys floating around here that are hams too, but try getting any of them on the air is another story. when you do it isn't always feasable due to conditions be they local or atmospheric for reliable communications and is also band and time of day dependant. i need to revamp my antenna systems as my cables are old now and the antennas themselves could be better too.
    73s
  • niel
    Options

i have placed a few stickys for buying and selling of used and second hand stuff. naws didn't indicate one way or the other yet about this so this would be good even if and until they do go with a dedicated section. you can place a newly worded posting in the thread and it will stay stuck up there. when you get what you want, buy or sell, or just change your mind then you can delete the posting.
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options
    I've been a user for 20 years now, AE, not drugs, and I just discovered this site. It is a pleasant discovery.

I can't find a forum here to buy or sell so I will ask here. Does this site have a forum for buying and/or selling used equipment?

I own a Ford Escape Hybrid, 2 wind generators (soon to be 3....maybe), 1500 watts of PV, a dozen L16 Trojan batteries, and assorted goddies related to AE.

I'm not selling anything but I want to add/replace my batteries and will consider any source close to me on the Southern Oregon coast. If any of you have good batteries for sale, let me know.:D

The sale of personal AE items or related here is fine, just no commercial companies.