I have a question

Leonel
Leonel Registered Users Posts: 1
I am from Cameroon (West Africa). I am currently thinking of a masters thesis to write on. I have taught of writing on solar cooling using absorption-based solar powered air conditioning system. On my findings online, I see that, installing this system in a commercial building will be far expensive compared to the well known AC air conditioner, so my country will not easily accept this technology with time because of its high cost. Presently, I am looking for another thesis, to write on that can get me to job market, can be accepted by my community or be further self-employed. If I can have other suggested topics (that can lead me to be self employed) I would be pleased. Thank you friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    As it stands right now--The weak spot for solar (and other forms of backup/off grid power) is the battery bank.

There is a huge amount of research into new battery technologies, and a fair number of absolutely new battery technologies becoming available now (beyond Lead Acid and Li Ion technologies).

The flip side to generating power is how power is consumed. Attracts less interest, but for the most part, is is cheaper to conserve vs generating power (insulation, very efficient lighting/motors/pumps/air conditioning/etc.). Also when you use less power, you also need less Air Conditioning (if your area needs A/C).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset