So Robin! Any idea on the XW E-panel?

:-) I'm sure there will be a fairly large market for these with X's price on their panel.

Comments

• halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Re: So Robin! Any idea on the XW E-panel?

i was just thinking that very same thing. the cost of all the non essential crap is crazy.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

I heard a rumor that the Mangasine 240 Volt E-panel with no inverter cables and a blank door would be the ticket!
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

i also heard a rumor that we will be taken care of. there may be one in the future?
  • Robin Gudgel
    Robin Gudgel Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am hoping to borrow an XW in the near future to check things out. Xantrex did a very nice job on the fit and finish of their system. It looks VERY GOOD! It is also VERY EXPENSIVE for the AC and DC breaker section. I would like to make something that will be priced about $600 less than the Xantrex solution. Ours will of course use the more industry standard MidNite style breakers. Xantrex uses the more expensive CD series like I designed in at Trace 16 years ago. I don't know what they were thinking? Once I see the inverter, then it will be a simple matter to take our 120/240V Magnum E-Panel and adapt it for the XW. It will be sort of like making a 240V "LT" E-Panel. We will probably include charge control breakers and the associated wiring too on this one. We will also need to start adding a spot on all of our E-Panels for a PV minus bus bar thanks to the new Xantrex MPPT. Changes seem to never stop on this stuff, but I guess that is what you gotta do to actually be "FLEXible" (Tee Hee).
    The fact that we already have a 120/240 E-Panel makes this pretty easy. It will not be as cosmetically pleasing as the Xantrex box, but for their money I'm guessing some people will choose to have a box and a solar panel rather than just a pretty box.