Conext system control panel power supply

If I am reading this correctly, it appears that when using the SCP with only a MPPT-80-600 CC, the SCP needs some sort of auxiliary power supply as only inverter/chargers supply power to for the xanbus network.  Is this correct?  IF so how does one supply the needed 15 volts?  I cannot find any sort of schneider accessory for this.  I can make some phone calls but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks!

Comments

• Ethan Brush
    Ethan Brush Solar Expert Posts: 235 ✭✭
    I talked with schneider today and they said - after "checking into it" that the 80-600 "should" power the xanbus network.  I wouldn't mind confirmation if anyone happens to know.......
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to do this on systems that did not have the XW inverter. The -60's needed to be powered from the aux for keeping the SCP powered at night. I did the beta testing on the -80 and there is a screen that allows you to run the xanbus at night to keep the SCP powered up and useful when the sun is down. There was a service note on the -60 aux that xantrex had.  You should be fine with the -80 though. It has been many years now but I think you are good. Same thing also with a combox or the SCP. Awesome controller!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Ethan Brush
    Thanks dave. Good to have some confirmation Yes what a great controlller: no combiner, minimal connections, 12 guage wire, 3/4 conduit.....
  • Ethan Brush
    Dave another question for you - or anyone else of course - by chance any idea how "hard" the 40 meter length limit on the xanbus circuit is? I need 160-170. I can just give it a shot and see what happens....
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a hard limit in that if it works it may not always. In the old days of the xw it could do some nasty things but they have long stopped that.  I just put a combox at the 130' and ethernet for 300+ feet, when i have to.

The -80 is also excellent for adding on later and over paneling by 2 or 3 times the 23A 600V current limit.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net