Parallel operation of 2 conext xw 4548

11JAGAN
11JAGAN Solar Expert Posts: 34 ✭✭
Hi Everyone, 
In a complete offgrid system i would like to connect two xw 4548 in parallel operation in that case how the AC out of these two inverter should be connected?  

Can i connect the ph -ph and N - N in parallel before the Ac output breaker? 

Please help

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Each inverter should have its own breaker or at least disconnect so that you can disconnect one at a time for testing, maintenance, etc. without having to turn off all power to the house.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Schneider and the store here sell the extra inverter kit. makes it very easy and safe!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• 11JAGAN
    Thanks for your reply.

The connection kit for 2nd inverter comes with conduct box + grid bypass breaker , there is no need for those bypass breaker in this offgrid system.
    so i didn't purchase it.
    inetdog said:
    Each inverter should have its own breaker or at least disconnect so that you can disconnect one at a time for testing, maintenance, etc. without having to turn off all power to the house.

i am gonna use AC breaker at the output of each XW4548 and i can join the Ph-Ph and N-N .
    is it ok ?

• inetdog
    edited November 2015 #5
    11JAGAN said:
    i am gonna use AC breaker at the output of each XW4548 and i can join the Ph-Ph and N-N .
    is it ok ?

Yes. Provided you also interconnect the inverters themselves with the appropriate stacking cable from Schneider or the home made equivalent. Without the stacking cable for communications the two inverters cannot synchronize to work together.
  • 11JAGAN
    Hi inetdog,

Your reply was helpful
    Every thing is fine, two inverter output get sync.after programming using SCP i connected the ph -ph & N - N .they two device functions normally .but both master and slave are active.

As per manual
    Master should show 0.00
    Slave should be ----.

But in my case both device shows o.oo

Is it normal?

If not what should be done?
    Please guide
  • inetdog
    I am sorry, but I have no direct experience with these units to help you in the troubleshooting. You may want to phone Schneider tech support.
  • Dave Angelini
    11JAGAN said:
    Hi inetdog,

Your reply was helpful
    Every thing is fine, two inverter output get sync.after programming using SCP i connected the ph -ph & N - N .they two device functions normally .but both master and slave are active.

As per manual
    Master should show 0.00
    Slave should be ----.

But in my case both device shows o.oo

Is it normal?

Please guide

inetdog said:
    11JAGAN said:
    is it ok ?

Yes. Provided you also interconnect the inverters themselves with the appropriate stacking cable from Schneider or the home made equivalent. Without the stacking cable for communications the two inverters cannot synchronize to work together.

• Dave Angelini
    If you think about this, would you really want both inverters at the same address????  Call the people you bought this from or get out the manual as it tells you how to change device addresses.

Has anyone told you that this is really not an easy system to install and that you will need to learn alot?  If not that is what I am saying!  Good Luck

• 11JAGAN
    I finished installing the system.

Schneider Solar Tech support replied for my query .
    i am posting it below ,may help someone in future 

Question: hi,

i want to put two -conext XW4548 in parallel operation.i have done everything as mentioned in the Manual.the Two inverter output get sync after programming
    using SCP .i connected the ph -ph & N - N after AC output breaker.the two device functions normally .but both master and slave are active.

As per manual
    Master should show 0.00
    Slave should be ----.

But in my case both device shows 0.00

when i run the load of 1800 w with this set up ,master supply about 950 w and slave supply about 850 w.

Is it normal?
    this is how the device should function in parallel operation ?

Please guide

Answer: 

Kindly be informed that this is the normal default behavior for parallel XW4548s. If you want to reduce the tare loss in the system, then enable SEARCH mode in the slave unit. LEAVE DISABLED on master. You need to disable CASCADING to do this.

Now the units will behave as you described, the slave will show ' - - - ' while it is sleeping and wake up when the load reaches about 2.7kw. The disadvantage of this is that a high surge motor load might not wake the slave unit in time and the load will not start.