Trace Engineering Inverter/Charger Control Panel Issue - Display went haywire

Just noticed the display for my Trace inverter/charger went haywire. I hit the factory reset button and unplugged the main display wire connected to inverter and doesn't fix the issue. Any idea what the heck happened or how to fix? Here's a picture of what the display is showing. My rig is a 99 Sportmobile fwiw.

Attachment not found.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Trace Enginerring Interter/Charger Control Panel Issue - Display went haywire

If you feel OK doing it... Kill the power (DC and AC) to the system and pop the thing apart. Re-set all of the connectors/cables and put back together.

There is a good chance it is just a dirty/lightly corroded connection somewhere.

Good Luck,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Trace Enginerring Interter/Charger Control Panel Issue - Display went haywire
    BB. wrote: »
    If you feel OK doing it... Kill the power (DC and AC) to the system and pop the thing apart. Re-set all of the connectors/cables and put back together.

There is a good chance it is just a dirty/lightly corroded connection somewhere.

Good Luck,
    -Bill

Did they have language settings?
  • PCPOWHOUND
    PCPOWHOUND Registered Users Posts: 4
    solar_dave wrote: »
    Did they have language settings?

It's def not a language setting issue. It's haywire. I'm going to try and get to the back end and check the wiring.. Looks like it's going to be tough though.. If anyone knows of a service tech in the Salt Lake City/Park City Utah area please let me know. I would much rather have a professional check it out..
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Try contacting one of the folks on this list (I don't know anything about them otherwise):

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?5556-Working-Thread-for-Solar-Beginner-Post-FAQ&p=159835#post159835

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • PCPOWHOUND
    PCPOWHOUND Registered Users Posts: 4

Thanks for the info. I took the thing apart and put it all back together and still have the same issue. I'm going assume it's shot. Anyone have an extra control panel or know where I can find a one? I've searched hi and low the last couple days and am coming up empty handed : ( It's a model SWRC remote control panel for Xantrex/Trace PS model.
  • Belmont Solar
    Belmont Solar Registered Users Posts: 26 ✭✭