Schneider Products

Options
dlarson59
dlarson59 Registered Users Posts: 11 ✭✭
Has anyone had issues with Schneider inverters? My fan runs all the time and even after a firmware update, it still runs??  Finally got them to replace unit only to find out it is two months on back order??  Maybe others have the same issue?

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only use the XW  from Schneider what do you have?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• klauss1977
    klauss1977 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi everybody. I have a problem with my Schneider Conext SW4024 inverter and i need some help. The problem is that the inverter is showing the F1 error ( AC output under voltage) even when i disconnect all the loads. I talked to the company from wich i bought the inverter but they said to me that the only way the invertor can be damaged in that way is if i put the output of the electric generator in the output of the inverter. My system worked fine for one month and nobody touched the input and the output of the inverter. My guess is that the inverter is damaged because i used it to start a heavy load and the protection of the inverter did not functioned the way it is supposed to do. What is your opinion? PS Please excuse my english ( i' m from Romania)

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Inverters are supposed to be protected against damage from starting heavy loads--But things do happen.

I would push the vendor for warranty repair. It is difficult to figure out what happened until somebody repairs the inverter.

Good luck,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • klauss1977
    Options
    The vendor still insists that somehow the AC output from the generator has return to the inverter output through the house loads (cables on the house). I have no ideea if that is possible since the only one cable from the generator is running through an AC breaker into the inverter AC input. Do you think that the vendor is right?
  • BB.
    Options
    It looks like this inverter has only an AC in and and AC Out connection... And the US manual says:

http://www.solar-electric.com/lib/wind-sun/Conext-SW-120-manual.pdf

(page 25 or 1-5 on paper)
    • AC backfeed(1) protection
    (1).An AC backfeed error occurs when the AC output of the inverter/charger is connected or
    routed back to the inverter/charger’s AC input terminal or if the an AC internal transfer relay error
    is detected.
    Do you have any AC external transfer switch (i.e., switch between utility power/backup AC genset power)?

Do you have any other "different" AC Output connections (GT solar inverter+array, very large induction motors, capacitor bank, etc.)?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • klauss1977
    Options
    I'm off grid and i have only two AC outputs: one is the inverter and one is the genset. As for the motors i have an water pump rated at about 1,1 kW. Another load that was on when the inverter fried is the induction cooker. I have no clue how the genset output could be routed back to the inverter output.
  • BB.
    Options
    Is the genset AC output connected to the AC Input of the Inverter?

-Bill
  • klauss1977
    Options
    Yes. The genset AC output is connected only to the AC input of the inverter. There is no other cable from the genset AC output beside the cable that goes from the AC output of the genset to the AC input of the inverter.
  • BB.
    Options
    I don't think you have done anything wrong in wiring the unit...

-Bill
  • klauss1977
    Options
    Thank you for your answers. I spent two days searching for the way that the genset's AC output has been rerouted to the inverter's AC output. I have no clue if and how this could happend. I only found an faulty cable to the water pump and i replaced that cable. My guess is that this faulty cable combined with the heavy load of the induction cooker fried the AC output of the inverter.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited October 2015 #12
    Options
    Why don't you get the serial number and call Schneider. It will not be cheap to call but once you start with them it can all be email after that.  If you have a hard time with english or do not have a friend who can, you can try e-mail but they are not great getting started with e-mail. The load should not have damaged the unit and as Bill said, it looks like you have not miswired the unit.

• klauss1977
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions Dave. Right now i have sent the inverter back to the vendor for warranty repair. I was interested in what went wrong with the installation because i don't want to damage another equipment.
  • BB.
    Options
    Lightning in the area?

-Bill
  • klauss1977
    Options
    Nope. Not once in the last two months.
  • BB.
    Options
    Any Lightning while the inverter was running in the past?

Lightning can weaken components which then fall later.

-Bill
  • klauss1977
    Options
    No. I had the inverter installed one month ago.
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    It sounds like an infant mortality and I know the SW's are not screened and burned in like the XW line which ships with individual unit testing.

• klauss1977
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the service report...they are still testing the unit. I will post here their conclusions.