Bachelor thesis title for grid-tie Inverters?

Hello everyone!

I'm doing my internship in a company which tests inverters in Japan. I assisted in  anti-islanding test, AC over current test, frequency feedback function test and so on. Could you give an idea on a possible thesis title? This will be a bachelor thesis. 

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Pick one of the test you did .... keep it simple as it otherwise has the ability to occupy your life for many years...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • ochaplease
    ochaplease Registered Users Posts: 3

Thanks westbranch for your reply!

So far I'm very interested in the anti-islanding test, but I still don't know what in particular can I write about a test. Can you give a hint?

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Write about the test gear--You have to be able to adjust "ac line" frequency and voltage.

Also, guessing, the test gear can move power in either direction (supply AC power to loads) and accept AC power from GT inverter during operation (where does the power go?).

The math behind the power flow--Not simple like DC power (positive or negative current flow)--It is much more complex with Voltage vs Current phases.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • westbranch
    When I did my B. thesis, you had to pick an issue and write up your research findings... so if you did a test , what were you investigating or trying to prove? That is your topic....

CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
  • sub3marathonman
    sub3marathonman Solar Expert Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    How about:

No Inverter is an Island (Even in Japan)

Anti-Islanding on The Island of Japan

Anti-Islanding in Japan?

Anti-Islanding, but it's good

OK, that's about all the inspiration I can do for today!!   :)
  • ochaplease
    ochaplease Registered Users Posts: 3

@BB. That's actually a good idea. But it is kinda demanding for me as I'm not an electrical students. I'm studying Environmental Engineering and I always feel that my electrical knowledge is basic. But I'll definitely look into this direction, hoping I can find some inspiration. THANK YOU!!

@westbranch The test itself is just to test if the inverter successfully detects the power cut from the grid and inverter has to stop sending power back to the grid within a specific time. So I think if I would to write about the test itself, it is rather simple. Or maybe I havent discover the gem in it :D

@sub3marathonmanhaha those can be a good title if I have a topic to write about.

• westbranch
    you might be pleasantly surprised at how little has ever been written on a given subject...  I had 4 topics that I was unable to find enough data to write about... you've got it made as the research has been completed...