Honeywell Led Light

Options
solorone
solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
Thought I would share this light I found at Costco.  It was 45 $ there but it does not seem to show up in their online orders. They are 75$ on Amazon.
It is 3500 lumens, 5500 K,, 38 Watt and it has a 45 V DC transformer in it for the 110 V supply.
I bought it for interior lighting, to reflect it off the ceiling, I plan to dismantle it and place in a suspended fixture, it really lights up a room.
Being a utility designed light I shot a few quick and dirty pics. In the pano, the light is about 12 feet above the ground. The vertical position of the woods light is hard to judge distance but it lights up a nice area, though you would not want to be looking into the LEDs.
I have only been working with the light for about a week.  I know there were some white light  failed LEDs from China about 3/4 years ago, hope the name Honeywell still means something. The light seems to be very well made and I am impressed.
We are also testing, with good results, 48" LED tubes (21$) at 2300 lumens, and 20 watts,  also to be wall mounted in a valance for reflected light.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Regarding Honeywell.... You cannot trust the name anymore. They appear to be selling the brand name to various products and companies (as are many other companies).

Just evaluate the product based on what you read/reviews/product in your hand.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • solorone
    solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Right Bill, I did check the reviews after the fact,  we are 65 miles from a big C.  It looked good, but time will tell. As I said it seems very well built, just hope the electronics are as good.  All and all it is little risk, I remember the first PL light I bought, before they became known as CF, as I recall I purchased for $45 (((solar off grid has never been cheap))) in 85/87at a trade show my wife was a buyer at, seems the Ultralumes T8-15  came out after that, and got a cased shipped to me. All on cash of course :<)