flexmax 60 charge rate

morpho
morpho Solar Expert Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
I have always checked the state of my absorb time with an SG reading.
But I wanted to know what the actual charge rate was so I pulled out the old Flexmax manual, but the status screen explanation in the manual doesn't point out which number on the status screen I am supposed to be looking at.

Anybody want to enlighten me?

The options I think are relevant:
PV input current
Output current

Am I way off base?

Thanks!

11.5 kw array  -  3 - midnite solar classic 200's   -  Magnum MS-PAE Inverter  -  Magnum ME-RC50 remote  -  ME-BMK batt-monitor  -  8 DEKA Solar GC15 230amp hour (48v) - Yamaha ef3000ise - 1 confused look on face

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    The output current is the same as the charging current only if there are no loads or other charging sources on the battery.  You need a current shunt (or a DC clamp ammeter) to know what is actually going into the battery in most systems.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • morpho
    morpho Solar Expert Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015 #3
    vtmaps,
    Thanks!...I figured that was it but just needed someone who knows a lot more than I do to point me in the right direction.
    What I did was unplug the fridge so there is no load (it's pretty much the only thing that is on during the day around here.)
    I'm not likely to need to be that precise that I'd get a shunt or anything else. Though I should be more into it...I know!...I know!  ;)

Thanks again!

11.5 kw array  -  3 - midnite solar classic 200's   -  Magnum MS-PAE Inverter  -  Magnum ME-RC50 remote  -  ME-BMK batt-monitor  -  8 DEKA Solar GC15 230amp hour (48v) - Yamaha ef3000ise - 1 confused look on face