Final forum migration Tuesday 9/15

rick
rick Administrators Posts: 134 admin
Hi Everyone,

I just want to remind everyone that we are scheduled to perform the final forum migration to the new platform tomorrow, September 15th. I'm not sure what time the migration will start or how long it will take, but the forums will be offline during that time. If everything goes smoothly, I don't think the migration will take more than three to four hours. If we do experience any issues, it could take a little longer. Once the migration is complete, it may take some time before our domain's DNS settings are updated across the internet. This means that some people may not be able to access the new forums even after the new site goes live. If that happens, it is only temporary. Typically, DNS changes are seen around the world within 24 hours. In the United States, the changes take place much faster. So most of you probably won't even notice a delay. Thanks for your patience during this process. We really appreciate all your support.

Once the new site is live, we will start a new discussion thread to report any errors or issues you might encounter. I think we've fixed them all on the test site, but we may have missed a few.

Rick
Website administrator for Northern Arizona Wind & Sun

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Thank you Rick and David for the forum and your support.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Mountain Don
    Mountain Don Solar Expert Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, and looking forward to the future!

Northern NM, 624 watts PV, The Kid CC, GC-2 batteries @ 24 VDC, Outback VFX3524M
  • BB.
    Please note... Finish your posts now... The data conversion is about to start.

9:15 AM Pacific Time

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    out with the old, in with the new. see you all on the other side
  • JoshK
    JoshK Solar Expert Posts: 232 ✭✭
    The other side is kind of... grey.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    JoshK said:

Several shades....
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • rick
    rick Administrators Posts: 134 admin
    inetdog said:
    JoshK said:

Several shades....
    The color scheme will most likely be updated in the future. We just set up some basic colors so that it looked better than the bare bones default theme. Once we get the new forum figured out and we're comfortable using it, then we'll start to focus on making it look nicer.
    Website administrator for Northern Arizona Wind & Sun
  • Mangas
    Mangas Solar Expert Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭
    Was unable to edit a post.

I am probably doing domething wrong.

Bill can you help navigate me?  Not sure if I am asking in the right thread.

Many thanks 
    Ranch Off Grid System & Custom Home: 2 x pair stacked Schneider XW 5548+ Plus inverters (4), 2 x Schneider MPPT 80-600 Charge Controllers, 2 Xanbus AGS Generator Start and Air Extraction System Controllers, 64 Trojan L16 REB 6v 375 AH Flooded Cel Batteries w/Water Miser Caps, 44 x 185 Sharp Solar Panels, Cummins Onan RS20 KW Propane Water Cooled Genset, ICF Custom House Construction, all appliances, Central A/C, 2 x High Efficiency Variable Speed three ton Central A/C 220v compressors, 2 x Propane furnaces, 2 x Variable Speed Air Handlers, 2 x HD WiFi HVAC Zoned System Controllers
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Mangas,

There is a secret way to Edit.   When you look at one of your Posts and you are logged in,  there is an annoying little gear-like symbol at the upper right of the post.   Click that,  and there is an advisory message about Edit for one week,  click tat,  and you should be permitted to Edit,  if all things are in order ... no more "Edit"  or "Modify" buttons.

Really love clicking on mystery  symbols to see what happens ....  oooopppppsssss,   attitude.  Good Luck,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • BB.
    Vic has it right.... If you need me to edit something older, just drop me a private message.

You can believe I have been clicking on a lot of mystery simbols in the last few weeks. Also, some will give you a "hint" if you just hover the mouse over it.

-Bill
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be enabled to tend bar? If so I would like a spare, just in case. 
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Mangas
    Mangas Solar Expert Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #13
    Got it and thanks guys!

I didn't work hard enough at getting it lined out.
    Ranch Off Grid System & Custom Home: 2 x pair stacked Schneider XW 5548+ Plus inverters (4), 2 x Schneider MPPT 80-600 Charge Controllers, 2 Xanbus AGS Generator Start and Air Extraction System Controllers, 64 Trojan L16 REB 6v 375 AH Flooded Cel Batteries w/Water Miser Caps, 44 x 185 Sharp Solar Panels, Cummins Onan RS20 KW Propane Water Cooled Genset, ICF Custom House Construction, all appliances, Central A/C, 2 x High Efficiency Variable Speed three ton Central A/C 220v compressors, 2 x Propane furnaces, 2 x Variable Speed Air Handlers, 2 x HD WiFi HVAC Zoned System Controllers
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭
    As you scan through the forum listings, there is a lot of "white space" (really, gray space) on the right side.  The posting dates are left-justified along with all the other info on the post.  It is hard to read the dates as a result.  It would be nice to right-justify the dates so they sit in that empty gray space, as most forum software does.
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is