out back inverter

petertearai
petertearai Solar Expert Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
just upgraded to a outback fxr2024e . whow what a racket the turbo fan makes . seems to come on during bulk and absorb. Very small load.. is this normal . is there a way to reduce the fan noise . is the turbo fan nessary .
2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 

Comments

• petertearai
    been re reading the manual . looks like the aux terminals are set to default to vent fan . once I get my hesd around the mate3 , I will turn to cool fan and hopefully it will only come on when a big load is on . .. if all else fails read the manual .
    2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Boy, was that an easy fix! I've also just replaced a Xantrex with a new Outback inverter. The fan running when 2-3 hundred watts load was on was a pain (battery voltage of 56v would initiate fan). It only takes about 10 seconds to navigate to the Aux programming page on the Mate3 and change from Vent Fan to Cool Fan. Cool!

Ralph
  • petertearai
    Yep . I have now set to cool. now looks like the turbo cover wont fit because of the DC cables stopping the cover fitting. cable I have used is 95 mm.. may need to use longer fixing screws and a stand off . I also have a spare fan that is a lot quieter, it does however draw about half the current of the outback one . ( So probably moves less air). will talk to the dealer today as weekend over .
  • petertearai
    HI . My mistake on the turbo cover . Was trying to fit upside down !!!. How stupid  . 
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, spoke too soon.  The aux fan functions are all external options.  The internal fan has no user controllable setpoints.  If you have external fans then yes (at least for vented OB inverters).

Ralph