Looking for Honest Opinions

Options
Zakarume
Zakarume Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
I am looking for Honest Opinions. My system i use i dont have any problems. However i am now using more wattage and need to upgrade a little more but cant decide what to do. There is 2 different ways i would like to go and need your opinion.

1. Get a Midnite Classic 150 Charge Controller and Replace the Midnite kid with it. And later add 500 - 1000 watts of more panels once i get more money to add the panels

OR

2. Get another Midnite Kid and 1 250 watt panel and be able to use right away to do more charging. And later add more panels when i get more money
1460 Watts Solar @24v. 675 AH Battery Bank using 12 6v Trojan T-105. 1 Midnite Classic 150. 1500 Watt 24v Samlex Pure Sine Inverter

Comments

• Mountain Don
    Mountain Don Solar Expert Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more inclined to save the money up until I can do the whole thing at once. And watch for great deals in the interim.

As for one larger CC or two smaller ones, the redundancy of two CC may be helpful if any issues arise. You could also split the PV into two slightly different facing arrays. I like that idea as that is what I would do if if ever decided to add panels.

Part of the answer is going to be whether or not there features you'd use in the Classic that are missing in The Kid?
    Northern NM, 624 watts PV, The Kid CC, GC-2 batteries @ 24 VDC, Outback VFX3524M
  • Zakarume
    Zakarume Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Options
    As for one larger CC or two smaller ones, the redundancy of two CC may be helpful if any issues arise. You could also split the PV into two slightly different facing arrays. I like that idea as that is what I would do if if ever decided to add panels

I never thought of that. This might be a better way
    1460 Watts Solar @24v. 675 AH Battery Bank using 12 6v Trojan T-105. 1 Midnite Classic 150. 1500 Watt 24v Samlex Pure Sine Inverter