AC and photovoltaics/generator

Options
Hi everyone, I've lurking for over a year, learned a lot and installed my own system, but now I'm stumped. So I'm looking for help.

So here my configuration: 32 kyocera 175 watt panels
2 mx-60's, 2 vfx 3648 inverters, hub, mate, x240 transformer and Kohler 8.5 res generator. I also have an Allegiance 18 AC unit.

I tried firing up the AC with just the inverters and we were not happy :cry:. So I wired the generater temporarly to the power panel, fired it up and we were dancing in the streets (meaning the ac turn on).:D

Well I then spent the next day doing a final wiring of the gen (drilling hole in housing for wiring) and hooked it back into the panel. I tried testing the ac again and now we are sad again... I can't get the generator to kick start the ac?:confused:

So it seems I'm a need help! HELP tia

Earl

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,448 admin
    Options
    Re: AC and photovoltaics/generator

I did not find any power requirements for the A/C unit... Are you off grid, or can you connect utility power to see how things run?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

be leary as to why you saw nothing from the inverters. recheck your wiring very carefully and watch out for some obvious things such as a tripped breaker.
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

bawsom,

We could use more info about your AC unit {model #, size (tons)electrical specs, etc.} and your OutBackk system configuration. For example, is it wired up in a 120/240 VAC "series" configuration per page 18 of the version 7.2 user manual? Finally, you may find more focused support for this type of issue over on the OutBack forum. See: http://www.outbackpower.com/forum/

HTH,
    Jim / crewzer