Schneider 80-600v any 1 using

Options
fca1
fca1 Solar Expert Posts: 124 ✭✭
Hi I'm adding a third array to my solar system .
These time i will use benq 330w and the charge controller will be the Schneider 80 .
I will use this charger because can't find the Morningstar 600v available over here.
I will connect 9 pv modules in series.
The combination of very high density modules and space left o d roof I end up on this and if I would go for standard cc up 150v I would had only 8 modules .
So I already have the xw6048 + conext box +scp so integrating this one on my system will be easy (except to the point were I will have 3 cc charging the same battery bank )

Any one using this cc that can give some feedback would be nice.
Thanks

Comments

• Ethan Brush
    Ethan Brush Solar Expert Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Options
    fca1 wrote: »
    Hi I'm adding a third array to my solar system .
    These time i will use benq 330w and the charge controller will be the Schneider 80 .
    I will use this charger because can't find the Morningstar 600v available over here.
    I will connect 9 pv modules in series.
    The combination of very high density modules and space left o d roof I end up on this and if I would go for standard cc up 150v I would had only 8 modules .
    So I already have the xw6048 + conext box +scp so integrating this one on my system will be easy (except to the point were I will have 3 cc charging the same battery bank )

Any one using this cc that can give some feedback would be nice.
    Thanks

I do not have that CC yet but I will be using one for my new array that is 1400 feet away. It is a great to be able to string up 12-13 panels! It costs twice as much as a 150V CC but can easily pay for itself in wire savings and hassle. I dont recall hearing anything negative about it.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is my favorite controller to use. Dozens installed over the last 5 years or more.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net