New twist on the "Nigerian Prince" email scam

ggunn
ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
I just got this:

Attn; CEO,

Good day, Here in my country Twenty new power generation companies, a distribution firm and the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Company Plc (NBETC) has been formally issued operational licences by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Company (NERC). NBETC, otherwise known as the ‘Bulk Trader’, got its official trading license to commence business as an entity in the power sector as well as the manager of the Federal Government/World Bank’s
Partial Risk Guarantee (PRG) scheme. Eight firms were also granted off-grid generation licenses, 10 firms got grid-connected licenses, two got licenses for embedded generation while one got license for distribution network.

We will be need thousands of Solar lamps here and because Nigeria is located on that part of the globe that enjoys somewhat continuous sunshine, there is, all along, every reason to tap into this limitless source of energy.

I need your help for standard solar lamps about 2 Million Pieces to start with.This I am going to supply to my government as soon as possible. Let me know the cost and how I can make payments to you immediately and do understand that this is my personal project.

Thank you
Ali Ibrahim Abubaka
Herbert Macaulay Way,
Plot 274,Abuja

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll send money as soon as I get my bank accounts emptied out. Yeah, right. Wonder if he'd be so kind as to hold his breath while I go to my bank?
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    It is sure nice that the sun shines 24 hours per day in Nigeria!
    Nigeria is located on that part of the globe that enjoys somewhat continuous sunshine
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
    Nigeria is located on that part of the globe that enjoys somewhat continuous sunshine on the Nigerians faces as they receive your money into their bank accounts.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Not so far fetched. North Africa solar power for Europe:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/nov/02/morocco-solar-farm-renewables
    Morocco has been chosen as the first location for a German-led, €400bn project to build a vast network of solar and windfarms across North Africa and the Middle East to provide 15% of Europe's electricity supply by 2050.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset