Finder/Success Fee

I would like to mediate between two parties for a solar power plant set up. As a finder, how much should I charge from Investee and how much from percentage from Investor? Please let me know. Wanted to know process involved in this.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    That is probably an impossible question to answer... Mainly it is based on negotiations between you and the paying party--And how much they value your services.

One way I could suggest a range--In the US, professional consultants/companies make around 10x to 30x minimum wage (of course, can be much higher if well connected to governmental agencies, etc.). I don't know if there is even the concept of minimum wage--But it does give you at least some sort of initial range.

Charging an hourly fee (travel, minimum # of hours, etc.) is one thing. It is another to charge a "percentage" off the top.

For a start up, a few key engineers may get 0.5% to 1% or so of initial funding as "stock" (which can be worth a lot or nothing in a few years) plus wages while working there (and some number of years to "vest" the options).

But things are probably quite different from US vs India, and even the times change (1990's versus the 201x's).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • viswanadh.sri@gmail.com
    viswanadh.sri@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. I wanted to be more precise in my question. My project is going to be in Middle East and i'll just be a part in introducing each other with my contact network and would move out. Just like a broker or Finder. So would there be any Finder or Success Fee for doing that? Hope you got my question, because this will be a huge project.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    I am sorry--I really do not have any information/experience with that.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. I wanted to be more precise in my question. My project is going to be in Middle East and i'll just be a part in introducing each other with my contact network and would move out. Just like a broker or Finder. So would there be any Finder or Success Fee for doing that? Hope you got my question, because this will be a huge project.
    Either time and expenses or a fee, or all three. Your choice!
    I and some of my friends have had offers in some of the bad spots over there (and there are more than a few) and basically the offers were for 100,000 USD for a 6 month project. It would take 5 times that for me to even think about it.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net