Need help with battery bank amp setting

Options
elesaver
elesaver Solar Expert Posts: 185 ✭✭
This is a simple question. I have used a Classic 200 for several months now to regulate the charge for 12 ea 6V 240 aH Trojan 125 batteries. (There are 3 strings of 4 batteries) One string of batteries appears to be failing so I am reducing the bank for now to 8 ea 6V 240 Trojan. This brings the amp hours down from 720 to 480. I have looked at the Midnight Solar manual and do not find info on re-setting the total amp size of the battery bank. The voltage hasn't changed but I need to reset the amps. I don't want to lose all the information that has been stored from the past months' of use. Is there any way to reset the amps without a total re-start of the charge controller.

I have a whiz-bang jr installed if that makes any difference. None of the combination of soft keys seems to get me to the screen that I seem to remember seeing to set this originally.

Thanks anyone who can help.
1st system:  24Vsystem with 8 X 300W panels, Midnite Solar combiner box, Midnite Solar mini-dc disconnect, Midnite Solar Classic 150, Outback VFX 3524 with mate, 2 X 12V  fforklift batteries in series 938 aH,  (Outback PSX transformer, Honda EU3000is...not currently hooked up but available if/when needed)

2nd system:  24V system with 4 X 310W panels, Midnite Solar combiner box, Midnite Solar mini-dc disconnect, Midnite Solar Classic 200, Cotek 1500W pure sine inverter, Trojan 125 batteries (8 available but "currently" using 4)

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi ele..,

Here is the latest manual for the MN WBjr:
    http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/Whizbang_manual.pdf

On Pg. 4, part way down, is the info on how to configure the AH Capacity of the battery. NO reset should be required.

Good Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • elesaver
    elesaver Solar Expert Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Vic! That's the exact screen I was searching to find. I guess my motto is "When all else fails, read the directions." I did look through the regular classic manual but did not consult the WhizBang Jr manual. Duh. Thanks again.
    1st system:  24Vsystem with 8 X 300W panels, Midnite Solar combiner box, Midnite Solar mini-dc disconnect, Midnite Solar Classic 150, Outback VFX 3524 with mate, 2 X 12V  fforklift batteries in series 938 aH,  (Outback PSX transformer, Honda EU3000is...not currently hooked up but available if/when needed)

2nd system:  24V system with 4 X 310W panels, Midnite Solar combiner box, Midnite Solar mini-dc disconnect, Midnite Solar Classic 200, Cotek 1500W pure sine inverter, Trojan 125 batteries (8 available but "currently" using 4)