CONEXT 4024 SW RETHINK IT

tomz
tomz Registered Users Posts: 4
Schnerider sent me 6 units over4 months time.All 6 units went back.The short of it.

#1 NOISY, sheet metal oscillation when charging .all 6 units
#2 once fans turn on,they will stay on as long as your solar charger is making currentt.even when the batts. are off.When you turn the batts back on the fans stay on and will never shut off.4 units
#3 When all ac loads are off and batts. are at 60% charging amps will only do 50 to 65 amps .never 90 as stated. all 6 units
#4 specs show 2000 amp battery charging capacity.it can only do 1000 amp battery banks all 6 units
#5 specs show you should be able to set amp capacity to zero you can only go down to 50 .You cannot turn this off as stated. 6 units
#6 my battery bank absolite2 gm type need 12/48 eq time .this charger only dose 1 hr.6 units
#7 if you want to use default battery setting there is no way of knowing what these set points are. 6 units
# 8 voltage at the combox .2 to.5 off i spent a lot of time on this.all 6 units
#9 temp readings .5 to 3 degs. off .i spent a lot of time on this as well. all 6 units
#10 at the combox ,bad codes 3 phase mostly.lots of others and schneider cant find out what the are.all 6 units
#11 combox almost useless ,no shunt used
#12 L.E.D.s not working ,or not in line .5 units

NOTES: Keep in mind this a 100% china product.The price point my be low but i fill it should be about 50% lower.
Some of the good stuff ,the remote is great simple one button on/off.my wife liked it.The inverter seemed to work great it was doing what it sayed it should.Schneider was great did everything they could .maybe some updates will come.

tom

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Too bad you have had such bad luck. I would have got rid of the unit...

Question about your statement:
    tomz wrote: »
    my battery bank absolite2 gm type need 12/48 eq time .this charger only dose 1 hr

I know there is a statement about EQ ing the Absolyte line in the manual, but I do not understand your "12/48 EQ time" ???

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • tomz
    hi eq is 2.30 vpc @24hrs or 2.35 vpc @12hrs .all the units went back. i wish midnight would get there inverter up and running .
  • westbranch
    Tom, what does the "48" refer to then?

CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
  • tomz
    sorry typeo 12/24
  • westbranch
    thought so, just wanted to be sure.

• tomz
    thanks, i also had about 10 more smaller thing. like the welded nuts on the sheet metal came off .had to take the cover off to fix the L.E.D.s...

tom
  • DMJ72
    DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭
    tomz wrote: »
    Schnerider sent me 6 units over4 months time.All 6 units went back.The short of it.

#1 NOISY, sheet metal oscillation when charging .all 6 units
    #2 once fans turn on,they will stay on as long as your solar charger is making currentt.even when the batts. are off.When you turn the batts back on the fans stay on and will never shut off.4 units
    #3 When all ac loads are off and batts. are at 60% charging amps will only do 50 to 65 amps .never 90 as stated. all 6 units
    #4 specs show 2000 amp battery charging capacity.it can only do 1000 amp battery banks all 6 units
    #5 specs show you should be able to set amp capacity to zero you can only go down to 50 .You cannot turn this off as stated. 6 units
    #6 my battery bank absolite2 gm type need 12/48 eq time .this charger only dose 1 hr.6 units
    #7 if you want to use default battery setting there is no way of knowing what these set points are. 6 units
    # 8 voltage at the combox .2 to.5 off i spent a lot of time on this.all 6 units
    #9 temp readings .5 to 3 degs. off .i spent a lot of time on this as well. all 6 units
    #10 at the combox ,bad codes 3 phase mostly.lots of others and schneider cant find out what the are.all 6 units
    #11 combox almost useless ,no shunt used
    #12 L.E.D.s not working ,or not in line .5 units

NOTES: Keep in mind this a 100% china product.The price point my be low but i fill it should be about 50% lower.
    Some of the good stuff ,the remote is great simple one button on/off.my wife liked it.The inverter seemed to work great it was doing what it sayed it should.Schneider was great did everything they could .maybe some updates will come.

tom

I have installed 3 of these units over the pass year and have not had any problems with it. One of them is powering my house off-grid (with utility backup) for almost a year now. I don't use the charger functionality as grid power is very expensive here and we have an abundance of sun year round (Caribbean). Here is my experience :

1. Have not experienced that sheet metal noise.
    2. The fans suck, there is not other way to say it. Their operation does not seem to be temperature controlled alone. This is bad as a lot of people in the Caribbean have no choice but to house them in a living area. They have an annoying harmonic @ around 2-3 Khz. Pisses me off!
    3. Voltage @ combox = battery voltage. Have not experienced that variation.
    4. THE BTS shows the same reading whether its plugged into the SW or MPPT.
    5. No LED or other manufacturing defects seen yet.
    6. Why do you say the combox is useless?? No shunt is used/included because its not a battery monitor. They sell a device that reports battery SOC to the Xanbus network. I love the Combox and its reporting ability!
    7. No error codes have been logged that were not well deserved... (eg. Low battery warning when I took the batteries down too low)

what I love about it : Reliable, excellent surge capacity and AC regulation, split phase with 50/60hz operation (essential for where I live)
    what I dislike about it : The Fans run all the time, and the unit was not built to vent via convection. Neither is there a dust filter. After 1 year, my personal inverter is full of dust... ewwww

The Tare Loss is high (40W), but the latest firmware revision (3.01) has a feature to reduce this by lowering the AC output voltage on no-load conditions. The soon to be released 48V version has a lower Tare loss @ 27watts.
  • Wulfman
    Wulfman Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I have 2 SW4024 units. I too have had issues but only with stacking for the most part. Once and a while the slave inverter decides to try to charge the batteries when the master starts to supply current to a large inductive load.
    Tech support at Schneider was very helpful and sent me another inverter which did the same thing. They offered to send me 2 more inverters, I told them no need as there is a firmware error in the inverters. I set up logging and proved it to my self that every time there was an error, there were logs of the slave outputting current in the DCoutput.log file. It was explained to me this was imposable but there was no explanation as to why there was ANY DC being logged in the output log file. it was also noted that when this error happened the master inverter would start supplying way more AC current then the load motor takes when in single inverter mode. I have the logs to prove this but it all falls on deaf ears. I have 2 of these inverters because i wanted a backup inverter in-case one failed hard i would not lose all my frozen goods in the freezer. I have ZERO issues running in single inverter mode but i have yet to try the charger side of things. In the installation manuals there are also wiring errors where in stacked modes one diagram says you need isolated neutrals and one where both neutrals are connected together. According to Schneider the neutral is not used in charging but who really knows. 5 stars for single inverter mode, 5 demerits for 2 stacked inverter mode.