charger suggestions?

nyarelathodep
nyarelathodep Solar Expert Posts: 99 ✭✭
Any suggestions on a good stand alone charger for a 24v bank that doesn't break the other bank? 225ah. Would that be a 20a charger ideally?

Comments

• nyarelathodep
    Re: charger suggestions?

Looking at the xantrex Truecharge2 20a 24v... median price around $370... Anyone vouche for these? I think they are relativity new on the market, but I've heard that xantrex had gone downhill over recent years...
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about the TrueCharge2, but I have an older TrueCharge(1) 12V 40A model and am quite happy with it.
    Yes i have heard the same comments regarding quality and service...

try looking for a used one.

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Alaska Man
    Alaska Man Solar Expert Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Looking at the xantrex Truecharge2 20a 24v... median price around $370... Anyone vouche for these? I think they are relativity new on the market, but I've heard that xantrex had gone downhill over recent years...

Got my Xentrex Inverter/Charger about four years ago. Works great, but it's a piglet. likes to eat amps and lots of them.
  • nyarelathodep

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. System finally up and running, seems pretty good so far... Not much sun in maine right now, but I've hit 1kw on a nice day, charging at 19 amps of those 2 250w panels. I'm wondering if a better expenditure of funds would just be another pair of panels though... that would put me at an roc of around 14%.
  • nyarelathodep

Btw, I would like to extend a hearty Thanks to you, WB, for your help on both forums, and to BB and Coot most certainly as well. You guys have made this possible and without your collective advice, I would have made costly errors through and through, so Cheers! :)