Forum malfunction

gpspowell
gpspowell Registered Users Posts: 18
I started a thread "Humble & Confused" and the newest replies aren't visible in the thread. On the forum index page I see that a new reply was added by "BB" but the only way I can find it is to click on BB himself and select the reply out of his list of posts? I posted a reply myself and it didn't show up either?

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Forum malfunction
    gpspowell wrote: »
    I started a thread "Humble & Confused" and the newest replies aren't visible in the thread. On the forum index page I see that a new reply was added by "BB" but the only way I can find it is to click on BB himself and select the reply out of his list of posts? I posted a reply myself and it didn't show up either?
    Was the thread at the tenth post with your number of posts per page set to the default of 10? There is a known bug in the forum software/database interaction which will sometimes not allow you to go the the second page of posts in a thread even though the UI shows it as two pages. But a link to a specific post can bring up that second page.

When that happens to me, I just change number of posts per page to 20, or if I am at the max of 40 and I have a problem I just switch back to 20 and the software recalculates.
    A peculiarity of this bug is that different people may see different results either because of their posts per page setting or a dependence on differences in browser activity up to that point.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • gpspowell
    gpspowell Registered Users Posts: 18
    Re: Forum malfunction

Thanks, got it.