Should Solar Panel Homes Pay To Maintain The Electrical Grid?

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
The costs of solar energy are plummeting, and now are about on par with the electricity generated at big power plants. This new reality intensifies a long-running business and regulatory battle, between the mainline electric utility companies and newer firms that provide solar systems for...

••• read more at SolarFeeds.com ••• solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=58sl6GftW-A:WPQH406B-Wc:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=58sl6GftW-A:WPQH406B-Wc:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
58sl6GftW-A

More...

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Should Solar Panel Homes Pay To Maintain The Electrical Grid?

In a way they are paying to maintain the grid - by removing some of the load burden from it.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do help, I pay over $25 a month and still buy some off grid power while giving back to the grid on peak. From Jan-July & Oct-Dec I get nothing for the service delivery (the charge they explain is for the grid) I give to my neighbor on the same transformer but they charge the neighbor just the same for a delivery they really don't make..
  • solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Options

I'll state it again... If fairness is the issue, then I'll be glad to pay my fair share of grid mantainance if the utilities will pay their fair share of the health and environmental costs caused from burning coal and Nat Gas and splitting atoms.
  • KenZ71
    KenZ71 Solar Expert Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options

Assuming a connection to the grid means no batteries that is far more economical than batteries.

Of course some have batteries and grid tie.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am also good with paying a fix fee for grid attachment, but I want all consumers to pay the same fee not just solar users. The should be offset in the per kWh charges they apply now.