? On Whizbang Jr. and Midnite Kid

Options
Zakarume
Zakarume Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
I have gotten my Whizbang jr installed and programmed through the Midnite Kid by what Midnite Solar said to have it. However my question is this

I have a 225 AH battery bank. The SOC says it is 100% at 214 AH. Is this normal? or is there some changes i need to do?

Batteries are only couple weeks old. Bought them New.
1460 Watts Solar @24v. 675 AH Battery Bank using 12 6v Trojan T-105. 1 Midnite Classic 150. 1500 Watt 24v Samlex Pure Sine Inverter

Comments

• verdigo
    verdigo Solar Expert Posts: 428 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: ? On Whizbang Jr. and Midnite Kid

I have the same issue. I usually reset after a complete charge and an EQ. For better accuracy amp hours needs to be set 70-80 degrees F with the bank fully charged and then it still loses ground. I pay more attention to wizzbang' rate of charge\discharge than the capacity number. The hydrometer still rules.
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you program in your battery AH capacity ? Cuz it will detect voltage , but it also asks you if the voltage it detected was correct , after that You need to read Up & program the rest . This Kid is not plug & play , it's plug & mould !!

VT

PS , you can only speak temps if you use a BTS , and then you need to sync & calibrate it in .. as well if your voltage is in sync with the Kid /Classic .

No worries , just follow the MAIN manual & look through the menus .
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Kid might be using the battery temperature to recalculate the capacity.

The temperature would be higher than 25c for that to happen.

To verify, unplug temp sensor from the Kid and see if the capacity changes.

boB
  • Chris
    Chris Solar Expert Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options

mine does the same thing, that is a temperature compensated reading