200 amp DTDP

stmar
stmar Solar Expert Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
Anybody know where I can get a 200 amp nema 3R double pole double throw non-fused transfer switch? Rancher friend has a heavy duty generator he wants to incorporate as back up for his house and is having a hard time finding a switch. If anyone has a source it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• jcheil
    jcheil Solar Expert Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Re: 200 amp DTDP

The are SO expensive it's not even funny. Almost as much as the automatic ones.

This is the best priced one $325 I could find when I was looking for one for someone a few months ago:
    http://www.homedepot.com/s/transfer%2520switch?NCNI-5

If you can deal with 100amps, it is only $125.
    Off-Grid in Central Florida since 2005, Full-Time since June 2014 | 12 X Sovello 205w panels, 9 X ToPoint 220w panels, 36x ToPoint 225w panels (12,525 watts total) | Custom built single-axis ground mounts | Complete FP2 Outback System: 3 x FM80, 2 x VFX3648, X240 Transformer, FLEXnet-DC, Mate-3, Hub-10, FW500 AC/DC | 24 x Trojan L16RE-B Batteries 1110ah @ 48v | Honda EU7000is Generator and a pile of "other" Generators | Home-Made PVC solar hot water collector | Custom data logging software http://www.somewhatcrookedcamp.com/monitormate.html
  • stmar

It has to be 200 amp, looks like the one at Home is out of stock but that is what he needs. I did find one on Amazon that had a mechanical interlock with a 200 amp breaker on the grid side and a 60 amp on the generator side, looked interesting and about the same price so may do some research on that one.
  • jcheil
    jcheil Solar Expert Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    stmar wrote: »
    It has to be 200 amp, looks like the one at Home is out of stock but that is what he needs. I did find one on Amazon that had a mechanical interlock with a 200 amp breaker on the grid side and a 60 amp on the generator side, looked interesting and about the same price so may do some research on that one.

I saw that one too and wasn't thrilled with it. If you are gonna spend that much money, might as well go with the GE one. It's a full DPDT 200amp rated.
    Off-Grid in Central Florida since 2005, Full-Time since June 2014 | 12 X Sovello 205w panels, 9 X ToPoint 220w panels, 36x ToPoint 225w panels (12,525 watts total) | Custom built single-axis ground mounts | Complete FP2 Outback System: 3 x FM80, 2 x VFX3648, X240 Transformer, FLEXnet-DC, Mate-3, Hub-10, FW500 AC/DC | 24 x Trojan L16RE-B Batteries 1110ah @ 48v | Honda EU7000is Generator and a pile of "other" Generators | Home-Made PVC solar hot water collector | Custom data logging software http://www.somewhatcrookedcamp.com/monitormate.html
  • stmar
    jcheil wrote: »
    I saw that one too and wasn't thrilled with it. If you are gonna spend that much money, might as well go with the GE one. It's a full DPDT 200amp rated.
    You may be right, it looks simpler and more suited for what they want. Will have to do some more research and see what the options are. The breaker one was a bit confusing, could not see it completely, would like to see one in person or find someone that has one installed.