Need SomeOne To Install Solar Panels

Hello me and my mother are currently new to rvs we obviously knew that we needed to plug the rv in but decided to go solar because we have a very small house with small amount of watts and may risk damaging our power I know this may not be in the right forum section but if anyone may be able to help me and my mother please respond on here or contact me at 9094858474 text messaging only 7am to 3pm

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Need SomeOne To Install Solar Panels

Welcome to the forum.

Can we clarify what it is you are after?
    You're looking for someone nearby who can install solar panels on an RV, yes?

Not sure what you think might be damaged by plugging the RV into a house. Perhaps you do not have a 30 Amp outlet that the RV requires?
  • itsnathananthony
    itsnathananthony Registered Users Posts: 2
    Welcome to the forum.

Can we clarify what it is you are after?
    You're looking for someone nearby who can install solar panels on an RV, yes?

Not sure what you think might be damaged by plugging the RV into a house. Perhaps you do not have a 30 Amp outlet that the RV requires?
    yes I don't have the outlet and what I mean by the power from the house is sometimes we need to reset the breakers when the power consumption in the house is to big but mainly looking for solar panels and some one to install them I'm sure the minimum amount is 120volts
  • oil pan 4
    oil pan 4 Solar Expert Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

There are multiple RV/camper plugs out there.
    For 120 volt RV options you have NEMA TT-30, L5-30.
    For 240 volt you have 50 amp NEMA 14-50 and L14-30.

If you have an RV electrical system that is flipping breakers then putting solar panels on the RV to try and off set the load is likely a very bad idea.
    Chances are if you are using that much power putting up some grid tied solar capacity is not going to put much of a dent in your power consumption.

Here is the problem with what you want to do. If you are flipping a 30 amp breaker and you are slowly increasing the load to the breakers tripping point you will find it takes closer to 40 amp to flip a 30 amp breaker. So if you add say 10 amps of grid tied solar capacity you now have the potential to run 50 amps on a electrical system designed to support 30 amps.
    The only logical conclusion to this scenario is a fire.

If you are flipping the breaker on a 30 amp system, then you need to up grade you power system. It will be cheaper than installing solar.

Solar hybrid gasoline generator, 7kw gas, 180 watts of solar, Morningstar 15 amp MPPT, group 31 AGM, 900 watt kisae inverter.

Solar roof top GMC suburban, a normal 3/4 ton suburban with 180 watts of panels on the roof and 10 amp genasun MPPT, 2000w samlex pure sine wave inverter, 12v gast and ARB air compressors.