Oh man finally a positive production day!

solar_dave
solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
Well the temps have cooled some and the panels are now producing more. We had the first positive production day since like the May time frame. The AC didn't pound all day and all night and the morning temps are now in the low 70's which help to bring down the building temps naturally.

Here is the problem with APS net metering, I had over 1000 kWh in the on peak consumption "bank" while having to buy off peak all summer. This still produced $100+ billing for the last 3 months. I really don't want to change my TOU plan as If I change it I can't ever go back. (old 9AM to 9PM plan)

Just saying how glad I am that the fall weather has started here.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Oh man finally a positive production day!

Here in northern California--We are still waiting for rain. Had a 1/2" last week--But it did not do much other than cause the termites to swarm.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭

Dave, PM me your usage data for the last 12 months, and I'll run it through my APS rate plan software and let you know what the best rate plan would be.
    Have you heard of APS's new "super-peak" plan where you pay like 45 cents/kWh for the hours between 3 and 6pm june, july, august, but then really low rates the rest of the time? Not available in all areas, but if you are cancelling out your afternoon A/C loads, it might be a killer rate for you.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    solarix wrote: »
    Dave, PM me your usage data for the last 12 months, and I'll run it through my APS rate plan software and let you know what the best rate plan would be.
    Have you heard of APS's new "super-peak" plan where you pay like 45 cents/kWh for the hours between 3 and 6pm june, july, august, but then really low rates the rest of the time? Not available in all areas, but if you are cancelling out your afternoon A/C loads, it might be a killer rate for you.

How do you want it?