Integration Grid and solar Home System without storage for the home consumption

Options
Dear All,
I would like to know if it is possible to connect a solar home system without battery storage to the line coming from the electric company in order to consume all the solar power and use the excess need from the grid.
During night only grid.
So the solar system is used for the home need and not for injection into the grid.
Is that possible or not and what is the factors to be taken into consideration.
Location is Egypt.

Thank you so much

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Integration Grid and solar Home System without storage for the home consumption
    kdonato wrote: »
    Dear All,
    I would like to know if it is possible to connect a solar home system without battery storage to the line coming from the electric company in order to consume all the solar power and use the excess need from the grid.
    During night only grid.
    So the solar system is used for the home need and not for injection into the grid.
    Is that possible or not and what is the factors to be taken into consideration.
    Location is Egypt.

Thank you so much

What you describe sounds like net-metering, so yes it is possible but you will need the utility cooperation with the proper meter and interconnect agreement.
  • solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Integration Grid and solar Home System without storage for the home consumption

Not really. You can put an undersized solar GT system in that never overproduces and so does not backfeed the grid, but it still would be required by your utility to satisfy the interconnection rules. (assuming utilities in Egypt are as safety minded as here) A grid-tied system, because it doesn't have batteries, needs the grid (which acts as its battery). It sounds like to me you should be doing a battery system that can be charged from the grid. This is simple to install, can be a relatively small battery bank, and doesn't need to interconnect (backfeed) the grid.