Moon Shine

nsaspook
nsaspook Solar Expert Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
We have the 'Super-Moon" for the next couple of days so just for fun I'm tracking the voltage generated on the array at night here. The sun just went down so I'm only seeing about 28mV at the start (9:25 local) so far on my Fluke 177 but it's going up pretty fast as the moon rises (33mV at 9:29). ;)

It's not a open circuit as I have a several voltage dividers in the range of 10k each to feed ADC inputs for monitoring PV voltage.

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Moon Shine
    nsaspook wrote: »
    We have the 'Super-Moon" for the next couple of days so just for fun I'm tracking the voltage generated on the array at night here.

In the winter with panels near vertical and snow on the ground I get full Voc from moonshine... no usable power, though.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • nsaspook
    nsaspook Solar Expert Posts: 396 ✭✭✭

This is last nights chart (from about 10PM to sunrise) into about a 3K load from about 500W total of panels. The hump at about 800 samples is where a separate panel of 120W started getting light from the moon. Maybe 20uW at max power. :D

The DAQ is a Linux based NI-DAQCard-700 12-bit diff-input card using my kernel driver with a 128X oversample to squeeze a few extra bits of resolution.
    http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/tree/drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/ni_daq_700.c
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Gents !!
    Just WOW ! ;)

I thought you might be discussing stills pictures . Man Am I lost .
    No copper involved here!

VT

Reply was in a joking post.