New Inverters from Sunny and Schneider

Dave Angelini
Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
I see that Sunny has a new TL series grid inverter that has doubled the available power on a sunny day outage from 750 to 1,500 watts.

Schneider has a new 48V only XW + that has updated grid features and Lithium-ion battery support.
"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• DMJ72
    DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Re: New Inverters from Sunny and Schneider

Nice. I see Schneider also has a battery monitor as well..

http://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/conext-battery-monitor/

I will be keeping my Trimetric. :P
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    I see that Sunny has a new TL series grid inverter that has doubled the available power on a sunny day outage from 750 to 1,500 watts.

What model are you talking about? AFAIK the TL3000-5000-US have always had a 12A 120V secure power supply output. Are you talking about larger TL6000-US that has exactly the same Secure Power Supply output as the smaller members of the family? One advantage of the larger unit is that with more panel watts behind it the Secure Power Supply will be able to generate its rated 1500 watts under poorer sun conditions. A larger time window and less chance of periodic shutdowns from clouds, etc. that could cause problems with connected loads.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

From Solar pro, the3800TL- US dual tracker, arc fault, and 1.5kw secure power. I am just reading from the magazine.
    inetdog wrote: »
    What model are you talking about? AFAIK the TL3000-5000-US have always had a 12A 120V secure power supply output. Are you talking about larger TL6000-US that has exactly the same Secure Power Supply output as the smaller members of the family? One advantage of the larger unit is that with more panel watts behind it the Secure Power Supply will be able to generate its rated 1500 watts under poorer sun conditions. A larger time window and less chance of periodic shutdowns from clouds, etc. that could cause problems with connected loads.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    From Solar pro, the3800TL- US dual tracker, arc fault, and 1.5kw secure power. I am just reading from the magazine.

Yes, a nice model, with the nominal output power set at 3800 instead of 4000 to make breaker sizing and 120% rule compliance much less painful.
    AFAIK SMA never offered a 750W secure power supply, so that part is nothing new.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.