good place for ordering RE stuff

has anyone else ever had any experiences ordering from nazw&s here? I bought my sine wave inverter w/them a few days ago and have emailed them 3 times asking for tracking info or confirmation that it was shipped. i see my card was charged so presumably its in shipment. i'm not so inclined to experience that kind of lacking customer service again. maybe they read the forum? i have ordered from backwoods solar a few times and they were extremely helpful, answered emails and everything. you know how some companies when theyre busy tend to ignore the small orders? well, im sure they have a nice thriving local business to deal with.

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: good place for ordering RE stuff

I don't know about others on the board, but I have had great luck
    with them. Before they started taking paypal I have sent them
    cashiers checks for panels and without fail a brown truck pulls
    up to my house with my stuff. I really haven't had to call them
    for anything other than to order. Most questions I've had were
    already answered in the forum before i ever ordered ( I try to
    research thoroughly before buying anything )

brad
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭

Mattl,

My shipments from NAWS have always made it to me, but there have been times when it seemed like they weren't quite sure of the status of an order. I think they're pretty busy and it seems like they may have a problem finding enough help. So, their procedures could be tightened up, but their prices are great!

WWW.solarseller.com is very good with prices, shipments and notifications. I've also had good results from www.thesolar.biz ; they only take orders in person.

What are you looking for?

REgards,
    Jim / crewzer
  • System2

just tracking info on or at least confirmation that my little samlex 600w inverter is on the way. yea they're probably busy
  • System2

as i said they already charged me, youre right they had a good price, i chose to order from them even though its farther away just mostly cause i enjoy the board here. i had these issues w/them a couple years ago when i was looking for something or other and the response to questions was less than helpful. this was a starightforward web order, i knew what i wanted, i bought it from their online store, was charged, and am just waiting. since i wasnt emailed tracking info i asked them, and didnt get any answer yet.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

i too have had no problems with any orders from naws. it seems like it takes forever sometimes as one tends to get antsy, but they're quite on par for online ordering. i ordered my kill-a-watt meter(finally) in mid december and got it late january or about 6 weeks after ordering. not bad seeing as how it wasn't in stock during one of the busiest time periods of the year for both orders and packages being shipped. i called only to verify they had received my payment in the beginning of january as i had sent a money order to them.
  • System2

only 6 weeks?
  • System2

guess they felt bad for me, i got my tracking info just now. cool.
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭

Great news! 8-)

Regards,
    Jim / crewzer
  • James
    James Solar Expert Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hello, I too have had some delays recently with NAWS.
    I also ordered the Killowatt meter in December, and just received it a couple weeks ago.
    I ordered a SW DC conduit box, but in all fairness, i believe my wait for that is because Xantrex is slow on orders.

All in all, I guess I'm somewhat satisfied with their service, with the possible exception that they do not call back with promissed ship info. The other issue I had was with my Kyocera KC120 problem. I had bought the majority of my panels from NAWS, but they told me they don't keep records from sales of more than a couple years past. I was one my own to deal with Kyocera regarding the warranty return. It worked out ok, but, I was kind of hoping for a bit more support from one of the largest dealers.
  • DLwindsun
    DLwindsun Administrators Posts: 34 admin

Mattl, I'm curious as to which sales person took your order and who you sent emails to. 

James, Kyocera has requested to deal with the customer that has to bad KC-120 in hand for some odd reason, that is out of our hands. As far as your orders being slow Xantrex is putting out a new line of products so getting the old stuff is becoming a problem. The thing that bothers me is the sales people not returning your calls, Who is your sales person?
  • James
    James Solar Expert Posts: 250 ✭✭

DL.

I'm not sure who my salesperson was....I spoke to three different associates at NAWS.
    I'm not dissatisfied, just hoping for a bit more response.
    I will order again from NAWS, but just would like not to be rushed on the call and also to be able to ask a few questions.

Thanks for clarifing Kyocera's position regarding the KC120 issue. I thought NAWS just did not want the hassle.
    Perhapes NAWS could inform the customer of the Kyocera policy regarding the KC120 issue. It may save some misunderstandings.
    I appreciate the correction.

I should also point out here that Kyocera did handle my KC120 issue to my satisfaction.

• DLwindsun
    DLwindsun Administrators Posts: 34 admin

Thanks for the info guys and sorry about the troubles. I don't think the people in sales get enough feed back from the customers so I'll be sending these posts to them.
  • System2

I placed an order about a month ago for a Trimetric meter, Deltec shunt, and the 48 volt adapter and in about a week or so it showed up. Good customer service, quick shipping, good price. I could have gotten it a bit less expensively, but I love the forum here and wanted to give NAWS my business. It works just fine and I appereciate their help.

Skip
  • System2

yea , obviously theyre doing something right, it just happens that my only 2 experiences werent so hot. i did get everything promptly, and , once i get my fuses in so i can try it out, im sure everything will be dandy. you guys may wanna check your email a little more regularly though. or not, its your store.

note: im not sure what theyre talking about, my account and email address stored wrong or somehting.. all i was upset about was the 3 emails , on 3 separate days, of not being answered. not sure how that relates to my account. i certainly could have called and im sure it would have been fine. im sure theyre awesome most of the time. at least this site is, and im not be facetious !
  • System2

Hope you hang in there and give them another chance. After all they really try with this forum and everything. Heck, they even answer questions on this forum lots of times. More than most companies would do and I try to spend my money with them when I can.

Skip