Parallel Morningstar MPPT CC

2»

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Parallel Morningstar MPPT CC
    boonhauler wrote: »
    could you recommend a decent Hydrometer (link would be cool). I'd like to buy a Fluke 325 but money doesn't grow on trees where I live and I still have a long way to go to finish my project.

I like the HydroVolt hydrometer. Search 'hydrovolt' on this forum. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Here is a link to the Hydrovolt:

http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=505&productCatName=Battery+Accessories&productCat_ID=39&sortOrder=1

Freas is another brand that folks really like:

http://www.freasglass.com/battery.htm

I think the majority of folks appear to prefer the hydrometers without the internal thermometer... Seem to read more reliably (float does not stick, does not require as much electrolyte to make readings).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    BB. wrote: »
    I think the majority of folks appear to prefer the hydrometers without the internal thermometer... Seem to read more reliably (float does not stick, does not require as much electrolyte to make readings).

The hydrovolt has built-in temperature compensation.. no need to read a thermometer and apply correction. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Sorry, vtMaps is correct... I was intending to type about glass float type hydrometers that have a little thermometer built into the float--Seems to make reading SG a bit more difficult with the added float size of the thermometer.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset