New website error reports

rick
rick Administrators Posts: 134 admin
Thanks for all the posts you've made in the other thread about errors you're having with the forums. That's been very helpful to the developers to address the problems. So I wanted to start a thread for posting errors with the new website. As many of you are probably already aware, the rollout of our new website has not gone smoothly. There have been a lot of errors and problems. The known errors are being addressed but we want to make sure we find them all. If you experience any problems or errors with our new site, please let us know. Feel free to post any errors, complaints and suggestions about the new site in this thread. If possible, attach screenshots of the errors. The more details the better.

We really appreciate all your feedback about the website and forums. We couldn't do this without all of our great customers and forum users. Hopefully we can get all the problems worked out very soon and continue to provide you all with the service you've come to expect from us. Thanks for your patience.

www.solar-electric.com

Rick
Website administrator for Northern Arizona Wind & Sun

Comments

• rick
    Re: New website error reports

Update: We have decided to roll back to our previous website. There are just too many errors with the new website and it needs a lot more work before we re-launch it. This also means that there may be issues with the forums again as we go back to the wind-sun.com server. If we run into problems, the developers will work to get them fixed asap.
  • rick

Update 2: I was wrong about the forum moving back to wind-sun.com. The developers managed to keep the forum on the new forum.solar-electric.com domain. We've had a few issues to work out this morning but hopefully the forums will be back to normal very soon. Let me know if you're having any problems accessing the site or encounter any errors. Thanks.

Rick
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

If anyone else is getting 400-Bad Request errors (one other poster sent me an email)--Try clearing your browser cache/shut down-restart the browser.

I was getting these error messages on and off today with FireFox. I tried Internet Explorer (Windows machine) and it worked fine while FF threw errors (also the NAWS home page was not working right either).

After restarting FireFox (and clearing cache), everything has been working fine.

Of course, if you cannot get to the forum, you cannot see this message. :cry:

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • DLwindsun
    DLwindsun Administrators Posts: 34 admin

BB.
    The 400 - Bad Request should all be fixed at this point.
    You may want to refresh your DNS.
    Go to the command prompt (cmd) Assuming you're using windows.
    ipconfig /flushdns
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I just did the ipconfig /flushdns...--But I have not had any problems since I restarted FF so I may not see any differences....

Another poster just confirmed that a clear cache for his browser worked for him.

Thank you DLwindsun.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset