2»

Comments

• quique
    quique Solar Expert Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: DC & AC Disconnect for GridTied Inverter

I was thinking of this:

http://www.solar-electric.com/gridtiesolar.html

Oh never mind, those are ground cables huh!

This one:

http://www.blakeman.net/_VA/CA/JT/2007/Solar/_ACdis/pages/1271269ACdisWired.html
  • quique
    quique Solar Expert Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: DC & AC Disconnect for GridTied Inverter

Dan

Ive been trying to reply to the private message but Im unable to. If an admin is reading, there seems to be a problem with my inbox settings. I am able to write out the reply to the private message, but when I click on the send button, it just sends me back to the list of private messages. If I click on the same message again (which is the only one i have) I get the empty reply box again but no visible history of the message I replied to Dan. Furthermore if I go to the Sent Messages folder, its empty.

Anyway, here is what i was trying to send you Dan:

Hi,

I understand your concern. And I accept it. I just want to explain my situation. I live in Honduras, we don't have licensing requirements for electricians. Anybody who can tie 2 wires together is an electrician. If I were to send you pictures of what recently installed Mains Panels look like here, you would die! We don't have any regulating bodies such as NEC or NABCEP. So you can see how complicated it is to get a decent electrician here.

I have been taking SEI courses for solar installations since last year. Im working to eventually get a NABCEP certification. Im missing all the lab courses because Ive taken the online courses I can take, but I need to fly and stay a month in CO to take the labs. So I need to plan it well :)

I do have an Electrical Engineer who will help me install everything in the end, but before I call him I want to get my pre-installations as professional as possible so as to make a good impression:

1. Al racking for solar panel support
    2. All PV cable connections using MC connectors
    3. Grounding for the PV frames running into the Grounding Rod
    4. DC Disconnect (HU361rb) for a string of 12 PV panels with ground.
    5. Inverter wall mounted newly built area of the house made just for that purpose.
    6. AC Disconnect (HU361rb) because we couldn't find a DU221rb
    7. All conduit protected with chafe protection into the boxes
    8. All cables properly color labeled.

Only then would I call the Electrical Engineer who is anxious to see the install as well. I haven't even gotten my solar panels in yet. So what Im actually doing is making all the preparations for the actual install.

Anyway, just wanted you to know my situation. Thanks for the help.